• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Super stoked to have won this on eBay tonight. I have been collecting these puzzles for almost 20 years now and this is only the second time I have seen this one offered for sell.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

Very cool! Happy for you Greg.

Super stoked to have won this on eBay tonight. I have been collecting these puzzles for almost 20 years now and this is only the second time I have seen this one offered for sell.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

Very cool! Happy for you Greg.

Thanks everyone! I think this completes my 300 and 500 piece puzzle collection (assuming I don't find out about another one I am not aware of). Time to finish the smaller ones which I think have three box sets, six different puzzles.

Love the commie cover

102_5902_zpsgvrbqu9z.jpg

Unfortunately the story doesn't hold up :cry:

Well, King Kull "threatens civilization" so the cover displays this in a symbolic way resonating with the "communist menace". The "Junior United Nations" concept is original anyway, and the story is pretty good.

And the other two stories I mentioned have communist villains whose modus operandi (and low intelligence) matches that of King Kull, so it makes sense: they use the same poetics, so to speak.