• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

@Robot Man has a lot to answer for, leading me to start collecting stuff like this. :taptaptap:

image.jpeg

image2.jpeg

At least someone out there "gets" it. That American Eagle pin is a comic book club. Rare as heck. You really should pick up this one Tony. Hakes has one in his current auction. There are only 3 issues of Great Comics and we all know which one #3 is. How many of these do you think they sent out?

greatzarropin.jpg

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

At least someone out there "gets" it. That American Eagle pin is a comic book club. Rare as heck. You really should pick up this one Tony. Hakes has one in his current auction. There are only 3 issues of Great Comics and we all know which one #3 is. How many of these do you think they sent out?

greatzarropin.jpg

I bid on that one, but I didn't win it.  Closed a bit too high for me at $521.80.  I agree that you wouldn't think they would have had time to send out many before they killed the comic. 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

greatzarropin.jpg

That is so awesome!

12 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Fortunately, this one was much more reasonable. Thanks to a fellow boardie.

XNdgkm.jpg

A reasonable boardie!? :whatthe:

Must be a catch somewhere. hm

Couldn't resist picking up this flyer.  I remember as a little kid just learning to read, going intently through the captions and pictures of Prince Valiant in each Sunday's paper.  Was a little surprised that this one sold for the opening bid. 

prince 1.jpeg

prince2.jpeg

prince 3.jpeg

prince4.jpeg

1 hour ago, navs said:

Well, waited for a little bit but finally got the opportunity to win this beauty. Yea she is a bit rough around the edges, but its got character  lol.      Been going a little overboard with buying, need to slow down. Especially with this one, went a little heavy handed on the bidding. Its a wrap for me, for a little while at least. 

tec 40.jpg

That is a tough book to get in any grade.  Wish I hadn't sold mine years ago.