• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

In the spirit of oddballs, here's a cool book that is certifiably unreadable without the included 3-D glasses.  I didn't know the blue label required the insert be present (3-D glasses), so I was lucky it was there when slabbed.  But unfortunately, I never read the book because I didn't want to remove the insert or open its plastic packaging.  

1617962473_3-D-Ell1(CGC7.0)-front.thumb.jpg.b3fd5ce87debaa56eebebcdb610f82f4.jpg

Edited by Pantodude

On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, Point Five said:

These mid-1940s Punch Comics had some great horror covers. Leaving aside the superhero-with-horror-elements comic covers (Wonderworld #7, Zip #22, etc etc), is there a title with straight horror covers earlier than this one?

punch13.thumb.jpg.505a2c67deb288750c9aab0bca70a0a5.jpg

Honestly it really depends what one can get away with from what I’ve seen, and even comics that had a code or were at least in the post-code era were arguably just as effective.

Anyway, this cover for Funny Pages #38 (June, 1940) stuck out to me:

3WVMD4D.jpg