• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

And a nice unusual LB Cole 100 page giant.

2167240657_d67214cdd8_o.jpg

:o That sure is shiny and sparkly! Great pickup!

Decided to order my favorite golden age books, from 1-24 (photo looked better than 1-25).

Here they are, from left to right. I've never bothered to lay them out in order of preference, and I was shocked to find that not only did my True Crimes not make the cut, neither did my Timelys!

You, my friend, have good taste!! Your collection rocks!!!! :headbang:

And a nice unusual LB Cole 100 page giant.

2167240657_d67214cdd8_o.jpg

Shiv, that is a tough book to find with no writing on the inside....sweet book!!

R.

Bought this Sensation, I don't collect them, but it has the Whitest pages I have ever, ever, ever seen on any comic let alone a GA book. So I bought it! Just for the pages.

SensationComics46.jpg

:applause:

pauly, can I just have the cover (shrug) and you keep the contents !

Bought this Sensation, I don't collect them, but it has the Whitest pages I have ever, ever, ever seen on any comic let alone a GA book. So I bought it! Just for the pages.

SensationComics46.jpg

:applause:

pauly, can I just have the cover (shrug) and you keep the contents !

If you need it, its yours buddy!

Just in today. Two Tarpe Mills stories, an Everett cover and an Everett Hydroman story. I couldn't ask for much more.

heroic9.jpg

Man O' Metal and Hydroman!

GCD credits the cover (and Man O' Metal story) to H. G. Peter. Do you think that they collaborated on the cover? Unlikely that Peter drew that Hydroman figure!

It'd be great to see your favorite interior pages (esp. Man O'Metal) if you can take pix without damage.

Thanks,

Jack

I think it is a collaborative cover.

Here are some interiors, as per your request.

P1050001.jpg

P1050002.jpg

P1050003.jpg

Just in today. Two Tarpe Mills stories, an Everett cover and an Everett Hydroman story. I couldn't ask for much more.

heroic9.jpg

Man O' Metal and Hydroman!

GCD credits the cover (and Man O' Metal story) to H. G. Peter. Do you think that they collaborated on the cover? Unlikely that Peter drew that Hydroman figure!

It'd be great to see your favorite interior pages (esp. Man O'Metal) if you can take pix without damage.

Thanks,

Jack

I think it is a collaborative cover.

Here are some interiors, as per your request.

P1050001.jpg

P1050002.jpg

P1050003.jpg

what do you have against books with decent PQ :baiting:

Fantastic interior shots, Bill!! LOVE the Mills and Everett pages, thank you very much. Those are wonderful spreads.

Thanks, Bill.

I liked the Man O'Metal pages the best!

Unconventional panel design, wild colors, quirky Peter artwork. Amazing stuff.

There's so much offbeat Golden Age work worth reprinting, but not enough fans to make it pay off -- or did the success of the Fletcher Hanks book prove that's not quite true?

Jack

Thanks for showing the interior. That Everett story looks :cloud9:

Fantastic interior shots, Bill!! LOVE the Mills and Everett pages, thank you very much. Those are wonderful spreads.

As Rick hinted at , why don't you splurge and get books with nice PQ !! :o

Thanks Ryan, and the gang. I really enjoy the quirky golden age comics as much as anything. Nice pages don't hurt either. :cloud9: