• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

:applause: Tough book (thumbs u

WW are a fun challenge as I only collect the 40ish to 120 run. I just love those covers. I have missed a few lately but this one makes up for it.

What I think makes this particular issue tough is that the colors were blah to start with so it's difficult for any copy to wow. My copy was a CGC 3.5 and suffers from that problem. The pale blue background field really tones down the cover's effect. All the copies I've seen have that faded / dull effect or are structurally in poor condition. All the more reasons for you to celebrate on the copy you posted! :applause: (thumbs u -

59243-WonderWoman52s.jpg.a47805970b89f2f5a6f031554e6e38cd.jpg

Picked this up from the LCS. :applause:

:sumo: I need that Fight. Never noticed the holes in the "1" in the 10¢ price. Interesting. (thumbs u

I noticed that to on the way home at a stoplight.

......Make crazy offer :gossip:

All the copies I've seen have that faded / dull effect or are structurally in poor condition.

The copy BedRock has for sale (go visit his site people :sumo: Loads of Wonder Woman for sale! Richie, don't be so nice, advertise your books :makepoint:) also presents the same way -

ww52-50c.jpg

Richie, don't be so nice, advertise your books :makepoint:)

With you doing such a wonderful job, I don't need to. (thumbs u

comedycomics17.jpg

:takeit:

I love these brutal, bizarre funny animal Timelys. The cover looks pretty benign, until you realize the little Japanese dog was trying to bomb a school full of little kids. It it's own way it's as disturbing as a Crime Suspenstories 22, as even younger kids were probably reading books like this one.

comedycomics17.jpg

:takeit:

I love these brutal, bizarre funny animal Timelys. The cover looks pretty benign, until you realize the little Japanese dog was trying to bomb a school full of little kids. It it's own way it's as disturbing as a Crime Suspenstories 22, as even younger kids were probably reading books like this one.

Timely funny animal comics from the war era are certainly cool - I'll give you that - but as disturbing as CSS #22? I think your reaching Andy. Nice book though - I'm starting to get a real appreciation for funny animal WW2 covers - it's an odd mix - too bad Barks didn't do some (or did he and I haven't seen them)

Timely funny animal comics from the war era are certainly cool - I'll give you that - but as disturbing as CSS #22? I think your reaching Andy. Nice book though - I'm starting to get a real appreciation for funny animal WW2 covers - it's an odd mix - too bad Barks didn't do some (or did he and I haven't seen them)

Maybe, but I figure that 7 and 8 year olds were reading funny animals, while something like CSS 22 was read by 12-15 year olds. To us the Comedy isn't as shocking, but I bet a story about a guy throwing a bomb into a grade school caused as many 7 year old nightmares as ECs did with older kids.