• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

i've been hearing zither music in my head ever since reading your post; thanks.

:gossip: Maybe it will drown out the "voices"

the ones that are always saying "acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary, acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary, acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary...."?

no way.

the ones that are always saying "acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary, acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary, acquire adamstrange's collection by any means necessary...."?

no way.

It won't drown out the voices that say "Billy, your wallet is empty! Billy, your wallet is empty! Billy, your wallet is empty!" either.

no way.

lol

no way.

It won't drown out the voices that say "Billy, your wallet is empty! Billy, your wallet is empty! Billy, your wallet is empty!" either.

then how is he paying me for the tec 27 I just sent him (shrug)

1592292-Troll.gif

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

That is between you two... :sick:

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

I'll be on him like a 1592292-Troll.gif on the cgc boards

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

:sick::sick::sick:

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

1592292-Troll.gif1592292-Troll.gif1592292-Troll.gif

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

Don't feed the 1592292-Troll.gif

no way.

1592292-Troll.gif

Don't feed the 1592292-Troll.gif

we are here, and we will not be denied our rightful place!

1592292-Troll.gif

1592292-Troll.gif

1592292-Troll.gif

1592292-Troll.gif

1592292-Troll.gif

I've been wanting a copy of this book for a while but never really looked for one but after Mr. Timely Parker bought a copy, it seemed my turn was up. I've voted this as my top GA - Non Super Hero cover. Some don't get it (ahem, Tim that's you :baiting:). If you don't see what I see in this cover, then Wertham shouldn't be worried about you since you've already lost your innocence. ... Yes, I do really like this one :blush: -

59228-ThrillingComics63s.jpg.3f0bc436e064dddeea4e1c922db9a42f.jpg

That is a beaut Scrooge!

And I totally agree with you in regards to the "Werthamly" appeal of that cover.

When I say "that is a beaut" I'm not just talking about the book!

Next up is a book that when I started collecting I thought I'd never own. I've been in love with it since it was on the cover of an issue of CBM. I thought so much I'd never own it that 6 years ago I left it off my March 1952 list but it is a Month book as per the indicia (various sources list it as a 1953 book). This book epitomizes the period for me. Not only is the image striking but the caption is a great time capsule: "World War III: The War that Will Never Happen if America Remains Strong and Alert." And yes, atom bombs do go off on the inside. The first pic is sadly blurry but the double-page splash turned out nicely :grin:

59231-WorldWarIIIs.jpg.944afad3f0f4ba19faf41fcfe80c795d.jpg

59232-WWIII-DoubleSplash.jpg.6aa845d99af99eeea625353fa460bd55.jpg

59233-WWIII-Page.jpg.fa10d67c802e25428f5d4c7fb864a78c.jpg

I've been wanting a copy of this book for a while but never really looked for one but after Mr. Timely Parker bought a copy, it seemed my turn was up.

Congrats in joining the club - one of my favorites as well! (thumbs u

I'm partial to the cover on Atomic War 1 but you can't beat that great story/splash in WW III. Congrats!!! :applause: