• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

This just arrived today. I have been looking for a mid-high grade copy of this for a while.

002-4.jpg

I have been looking for that cover for a long time, it always goes over my top bid, but it's one of my favorites, nice book!

Beautiful books... :cloud9:

and...Please guys, be proud of that picture, it's charming! Perhaps a poster?

If I am not mistaken it is proudly displayed in the Westheimer store in Houston.

This just arrived today. I have been looking for a mid-high grade copy of this for a while.

002-4.jpg

I have been looking for that cover for a long time, it always goes over my top bid, but it's one of my favorites, nice book!

Thank you. Now I just need to find a nice number 2 to complete the set :)

Not quite as large a group as I usually wind up with, and of course not in the grade range of any of the above books...but once again, thank you to my friend Richard for sending me these...

flamegroup.jpg

:applause:

Nice colors on those Foxes!

Not quite as large a group as I usually wind up with, and of course not in the grade range of any of the above books...but once again, thank you to my friend Richard for sending me these...

flamegroup.jpg

:applause:

Nice colors on those Foxes!

Nice pickups - great books. (worship)

flamegroup.jpg

Wonderful!!!

I too have a friend named Richard that I would love to say thanks to. Except that Mr. Bedrock never sends me any packages like that.

flamegroup.jpg

Very nice set of Fox's, SPB! (worship)

002-4.jpg

must resist adding more books to want list...must resist

flamegroup.jpg

Wonderful!!!

I too have a friend named Richard that I would love to say thanks to. Except that Mr. Bedrock never sends me any packages like that.

yeah, I don't get any packages like that either :sorry:

I just got these two Blonde Phantom comics. I know they are quite rare and thought they'd be an interesting read. It certainly can take you back to the 40's and imagine the kids that read it.

I'm not sure if these are among the more "rare" ones in the series.

The 22 is considered about a G+ and the 20 was considered a VG-.

BLONDEPHANTOM2.jpgBLONDPHANTOM1.jpg

flamegroup.jpg

Wonderful!!!

You aren't as cute as Sharon... :makepoint:

I'm not sure if these are among the more "rare" ones in the series.

BLONDPHANTOM1.jpg

20 and 22 are both really cool books.

It was my experience that 20 was the toughest issue in the run.

None of the Blonde Phantom books are rare but they are very collectable. I am still trying to get an All Select (preferably issue 4, the motorcycle cover) which was the original title.

bb

2587902461_513583a10c_b.jpg

How does Captain America manage to change gears with a suicide shifter while holding the throttle in one hand and his shield with the other and shooting a machine gun from the front of the cycle. Wow, he was super! Let's see Jesse James top that.

Edited by BB-Gun

They do go for some big $$ when they are in good shape. But, of course not as much as most GA superhero's. I guess it's the romances that are under rated to my benefit :)

None of the Blonde Phantom books are rare but they are very collectable. I am still trying to get an All Select (preferably issue 4, the motorcycle cover) which was the original title.

bb

2587902461_513583a10c_b.jpg

How does Captain America manage to change gears with a suicide shifter while holding the throttle in one hand and his shield with the other and shooting a machine gun from the front of the cycle. Wow, he was super! Let's see Jesse James top that.

And he is smiling the whole time.