• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Got this in the mail today. The seller (David T. Alexander) dubbed them 'The Egyption collection'. Here's his description:

THE EGYPTIAN COLLECTION. This comic book is part of an original owner collection of about 600 comics published between 1945 and 1954. They were printed in the U S and exported to Egypt and sold there. The original owner bought many of them from U S military base PX stores. Some were purchased on newsstands. For decades they were stored in the arid desert climate near the pyramids. Although they show some signs of use, the pages are generally very supple and off-white. Many have unique distributor marks and a few have Arabic distributor markings written on them

My first Fawcett books!

MARVELFAMILY24.jpg

MARVELFAMILY52.jpg

MARVELFAMILY54.jpg

MARVELFAMILY60.jpg

CMARVEL89.jpg

CMARVEL94.jpg

CMARVEL102.jpg

CMARVEL110.jpg

WHIZ79.jpg

WHIZ101.jpg

WHIZ133.jpg

Another Action to add to my list

ACTION171.jpg

Got this in the mail today. The seller (David T. Alexander) dubbed them 'The Egyption collection'.

These comics are world travellers! :applause:

Got this in the mail today. The seller (David T. Alexander) dubbed them 'The Egyption collection'.

These comics are world travellers! :applause:

yes, very cool...lots of Fawcetts!

well, that was quick; the frazetta cover run is again complete. replaced my 7.5 c. aeroplane with another 7.5--sadly, no p'gree this time around.

74357a.jpg

also added this to the mlj collection [all of 4 books]. gotta love those cheaply-priced purple books that have only a small amount of c.t.

74376a.jpg

Nice batch of books there :applause: :applause:

I see you're looking for a Champion # 5 .... that's one rare book I have and you don't (:

pretty, but i'm looking for a different champion 5. and several other champions/champs as well.

thanks young lady. and this was the third book in yesterday's parcel.

champion.jpg

Oh Yeah! That is cool. (thumbs u

I see you're looking for a Champion # 5 .... that's one rare book I have and you don't (:

62300-Champion5.jpg

Gotta love those great Simon and Kirby covers. I never realized that they did a painted western cover in the middle of all those great superhero Champs and Champions.

Very Sweet! And kinda :screwy:

Gotta love those great Simon and Kirby covers. I never realized that they did a painted western cover in the middle of all those great superhero Champs and Champions.

I know! I know!! Who would have thought?! :insane:

P.S.: People did see my (: in there, right?

Great book, Billy (thumbs u

I know! I know!! Who would have thought?! :insane:

P.S.: People did see my (: in there, right?

Great book, Billy (thumbs u

:whistle:

well, that was quick; the frazetta cover run is again complete. replaced my 7.5 c. aeroplane with another 7.5--sadly, no p'gree this time around.

Such a sad tale, owning this second-rate comic book -- I'm getting a little choked up here, Billy.

Jack

74357a.jpg

Such a sad tale, owning this second-rate comic book -- I'm getting a little choked up here, Billy.

Jack

74357a.jpg

such is the life of the poor and impoverished

Jack

74357a.jpg

and imagine the dissolute state of one "poor, impoverished" AND saddled with being a florida fan. the horror, the horror.

Jack

74357a.jpg

and imagine the dissolute state of one "poor, impoverished" AND saddled with being a florida fan. the horror, the horror.

gatorheadanimate0xv1gv-11.gif