• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Billy, what do you have against the even numbered issues under 20?

Because he's an "odd" kinda guy? hm

There is no doubt about that! :grin:

Just in from Heritage. I first became aware of this series in 1996. It only took me this long to get the first issue. :frustrated: Such is the life of a GA collector.

You don't see a book like that come up often for sale . SWEET!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

That's cool Dan. I remember Matt N. having a set of those for sale. I think they were the Mile High copies, not sure if he still has them though.

Yeah, you mentioned those to me. In retrospect, I should have bought them, but I figured I'd be happy with a VG. Now that my tastes are "refining" I wish I would have pulled the trigger.

sorry for the little scan, but ripped it off the seller's site. i'll get a big one when it comes in.

planet7.jpg

Here is its cousin once removed on its mother's side.....(all Larson copies...

And here is it's third cousin, twice removed from it's mother's side of the family: "FUELMAN Pedigree". :whistle:

planetcomics1.jpg

Why did I post this book again, you ask? Because, thanks to Bill, I can. :grin:

I can't compete with his, or Jon's wonderful books, but Billy always inspires me (that's why I keep buying his undercopies;)

So, I had given up on Planet 1-10, and was settling on 2-9...but I never even thought of RIVETS... doh!of course...;)

Here are mine...

What I was settling for...

planets.jpg

and now the beginning of the rivets series;)planetsrivets.jpg

I peek in , just don't always post. Had some personal issues , I had to deal with , things are getting better. Been seeing some amazing stuff on these boards I'm doing alright as is my Family in these economic times . still collecting, I'll have to post some of the books I've picked up over the last year one of these days. Picked up some books such as Mystery Men # 3 Amazing Mystery Funnies # 3, Jumbo # 9 , Exciting Comics # 9 , Young Men # 24 , assorted Silver Age, off the top of my head, to name a few.

I peek in , just don't always post. Had some personal issues , I had to deal with , things are getting better. Been seeing some amazing stuff on these boards I'm doing alright as is my Family in these economic times . still collecting, I'll have to post some of the books I've picked up over the last year one of these days. Picked up some books such as Mystery Men # 3 Amazing Mystery Funnies # 3, Jumbo # 9 , Exciting Comics # 9 , Young Men # 24 , assorted Silver Age, off the top of my head, to name a few.

Exciting #9 :luhv:

sorry for the little scan, but ripped it off the seller's site. i'll get a big one when it comes in.

planet7.jpg

And here is it's third cousin, twice removed from it's mother's side of the family: "FUELMAN Pedigree". :whistle:

planetcomics1.jpg

:acclaim:

It's missing the centerfolds though. :frustrated:

But, the Black Terror story is complete with off white pages. Cover ain't bad also . I'm happy with it , given how hard it is to find a copy nowadays. :)

planet7.jpg

planetcomics1.jpg

Fuel , that Planet # 1 is real nice. I would be happy with it . One of these days I'll go after a copy, so many great books and only so much money . :pullhair: I need to hit that big lottery, don't we all? :cloud9:

Glad to hear things are smoothing out for you. Looks like you've managed to pick up some pretty nice books, hope you get a chance to post them soon. (thumbs u

I can't compete with his, or Jon's wonderful books, but Billy always inspires me (that's why I keep buying his undercopies;)

So, I had given up on Planet 1-10, and was settling on 2-9...but I never even thought of RIVETS... doh!of course...;)

Here are mine...

planets.jpg

and now the beginning of the rivets series;)planetsrivets.jpg

Hi Sharon, Nice group shot.... :headbang:

I really like issue #14..maybe that one deserves a larger scan for all to enjoy since I don't see it very often... :wishluck:

Here are mine...

planets.jpg

OOH, you have a #10??? Talk to me, Sharon!!