• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone win these off of this guy?

19 posts in this topic

i dunno, but i love bidder ten's information;

Total bids: 1226

Items bid on: 257

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 88%

Bids to unique sellers: 22

Bids in unique categories: 15

Bid retractions: 0

Couple question...where did you get this info and what does "Bid activity (%) with this seller" mean?

Thanks.

Couple question...where did you get this info and what does "Bid activity (%) with this seller" mean?

Thanks.

Go into 'Bid History'...right hand side of the list 'Bidding Details'

And what it means is that 88% of the bidder's last month's bids on the whole of eBay have been with this seller.

Which by my calculations means 1079 bids in the last month with this one seller.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what that might mean?

Thanks.

Go into 'Bid History'...right hand side of the list 'Bidding Details'

And what it means is that 88% of the bidder's last month's bids on the whole of eBay have been with this seller.

Which by my calculations means 1079 bids in the last month with this one seller.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what that might mean?

The bidder likes the way the seller grades? confused-smiley-013.gif

no pictures of any books, only his estimated grades. unless you asked for and got a scan prior to bidding, you bid foolishly sumo.gif

why the #&(@ anyone would "take a chance" on a guy who doesn't post any 893censored-thumb.gif pictures is really beyond my understanding. hey, i've got some raw 9.4 copies of 10c Action books if you want to send me some money for them. screwy.gif

people will believe any ridiculous story out there if they think they are getting a deal, and auctions like this drive those real sellers out there who do it right and grade tightly make them feel like they're wasting their time.

ugh

I took a chance and won a few... Still waiting for a response to an email I sent... I think I am screwed!! Anyone know if paypal gives any protection against this type of thing?

File your claim now with paypal. If he doesnt respond within 10 days you get your money back. If he does respond to the paypal claim he has to show proof of mailing. If he doesnt you get your money back and paypal goes after him.

As you can tell I have gone through this a couple of times now.

thanks Ronm3... Do I have to file a claim within a certain frame? i.e. a week after the auctions end? I'll give him until the end of the weekend to respond, then I'll file a claim.. this sucks... I read his feedback when it was public, and he had great reviews regarding his grading..

people will believe any ridiculous story out there if they think they are getting a deal, and auctions like this drive those real sellers out there who do it right and grade tightly make them feel like they're wasting their time.

ugh

This has been a complaint of mine for years. I'm realising the same prices on my raw books as the guy who's selling a FN- as a 'VF/NM', or who is simply running a scam. Consequently, I'm too often getting FN- prices on my VF/NMs.

Problem is....my VF/NMs ARE VF/NMs (go ask greggy, or nik, or anyone else who's submitted them to CGC) but I'm getting totally hosed because of 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif arseholes like this. frustrated.gif

ugh

This has been a complaint of mine for years. I'm realising the same prices on my raw books as the guy who's selling a FN- as a 'VF/NM', or who is simply running a scam. Consequently, I'm too often getting FN- prices on my VF/NMs.

Problem is....my VF/NMs ARE VF/NMs (go ask greggy, or nik, or anyone else who's submitted them to CGC) but I'm getting totally hosed because of 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif arseholes like this. frustrated.gif

That's my complaint too and why I won't sell on ebay very much anymore. The arseholes ruin it for the sellers who can grade. makepoint.gif

thanks Ronm3... Do I have to file a claim within a certain frame? i.e. a week after the auctions end? I'll give him until the end of the weekend to respond, then I'll file a claim.. this sucks... I read his feedback when it was public, and he had great reviews regarding his grading..

Just wait the normal time (10 days) with Ebay then file the claim with paypal.

ugh

That's why the board is a better place to buy because the people here can grade. sumo.gif

ugh

That's why the board is a better place to buy because the people here can grade. sumo.gif

Couldn't agree more...here is the only place that I'll buy raw without sight of the books. However, two things....

(1) From the seller's perspective, the 'eBay effect' roles over to here and depresses sales prices. A buyer might be able to actually get a VF/NM here (but not all the time...see below), but half the time he wants it at that FN- price he saw it at on eBay.

(2) From a buyer's perspective, whilst you are more likely to receive books as advertised on the boards, not everyone here can grade. frown.gif The simple act of signing up doesn't automatically enhance your grading skills and buyers here must still exercise caution. Take a look at some threads and compare the scans to the grades...and then figure out the difference. I'd say my success rate here is about 60/40 for correctly graded books with 'close enough' being registered in the 60% as a success. When I was buying raw on eBay, I would say that less than 10% of books received were in the claimed grade, so it's certainly a hell of a difference, and one thing I've never got here was a book that didn't even come close.