• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Ultra HG OO Collection - The USAF Mildenhall Collection!!!

1,173 posts in this topic

You have mine right? You want me to send another? poke2.gif

Got yours, John! thumbsup2.gif

Got any Sonic The Hedghog issues? Low grade readers, with white PQ, on creases larger than 3" and no pizza stains? Original staples a must. sumo.gif

This is almost as annoying as greggy's constant PMs.... crazy.gif

List some books 893applaud-thumb.gif

Got any Sonic The Hedghog issues? Low grade readers, with white PQ, on creases larger than 3" and no pizza stains? Original staples a must. sumo.gif

This is almost as annoying as greggy's constant PMs.... crazy.gif

List some books 893applaud-thumb.gif

blush.gif

he's here.

And you laughed at me because I collect sonic makepoint.gif

Actually we just laugh at you because it's so easy. stooges.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gif
flowerred.gif

sumo.gif
flowerred.gif
Where is DeeDee poke2.gif

No, that was me that laughed at you sumo.gif

poke2.gif

Everyone laughs at him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Everyone laughs at him. confused-smiley-013.gif
Loser

NEWS UPDATE

Thanks to everyone who has bought, every one who has enquired, everyone who has posted and participated…it’s stuff like this that make the boards what they are and I’ve had a great (if somewhat frantic) week! yay.gif

The consequence of all this is that the owner of these gorgeous books is happy to continue on in this vein. I already have another box of about 100 books which I’m going to start processing tomorrow, and I’m expecting two more boxes by the end of next week…this one can run and run!

Now, I’ve received literally hundreds of PMs and rather than respond to each one individually (because I’d never list another book!), I’d like to address a few common questions/themes here. I know this is going to be very text-heavy, and I’m sure someone’s going to comment that they lost the will to live after the first paragraph, but this is stuff that a lot of you want/need to know, so please bear with me. crazy.gif

WHAT’S GOING TO BE LISTED?

There are over 10,000 books in this collection, broken down roughly into 2,000 from the 60s, 3,000 from the 70s and about 5,000 from the 80s. The OO moved close to Mildenhall in the early 70s and this is the time when the true gems start to become the norm in the collection. The 60s stuff was purchased off the UK newsstand, rather than via a US miltary base, and consequently, many books from this period are the infamous UK ‘pence’ copies. Additionally, the collector was at the time also rather young and read and re-read many of the books, leading obviously to varying degrees of wear. For these reasons, at this moment in time I don’t intend listing any of the 60s ‘pence’ copies.

At the other end of the scale, there are 5,000 80s books that average out around the 9.4-9.6 mark, but due to how common they are, and the cheapness of the items, I don’t intend listing them, either. Too much effort for too little return, and additionally, shipping charges are too high in relation to item value.

Therefore, the coming weeks/months will almost exclusively be focused on 70s books in high grade.

’DO YOU HAVE…?’

Truthfully? If it’s not in the box in front of me, I currently have no idea. confused-smiley-013.gif

Understandably, I have received scores of PMs enquiring about specifics. ‘Do you have a copy of Tomb Of Dracula #6 in VF/VF+ without a mis-wrap?’

Not a clue.

What I can tell you is that most things are represented in this collection. Super-hero, war, western, suspense & horror, along with a bit of humour. The only thing that seems to be missing is romance, but beyond that, if you’re looking for a specific issue, it IS likely to be in there, but as to in what state, and in which box, I don’t know. If you really need it, however, please read the section below regarding ‘wants’.

HOW’S IT GOING TO BE LISTED?

My intention is to list stuff every single week until it’s all gone! I don’t want to annoy anyone by littering the Marketplace with different threads for every week’s books, so am happy to simply keep this thread going indefinitely. Along with the new listings, I will keep posting regular updates to the thread of what remains unsold. To save hours of searching through the thread, if anyone wants to look at a scan of a previously posted book, I can do that via PM or re-post it to the thread.

I’ll also keep an Excel sheet of all books that have been processed to date and remain unsold. Anyone who wants a copy of this just has to ask.

WANTS LISTS

There are 40+ boxes of stuff. None of it is arranged into runs. It’s kept in a small room about 20 miles away from me and this keyboard. I have a full-time job, my own company and am in the process of submitting a novel to a literary agent. The owner of the collection is no less busy.

See where we’re going with this?

Bottom-line, much as I would love to actively fill wants lists, I simply cannot. However, I do want to help fill them, but in a rather more laid-back fashion. Many of you have sent over details of books that you’re looking for and these have all been saved in date order…and that’s how I will decide who gets priority…who asked me first. I’ll be piecing together a master-list of all wants which, as I go through each new box, I can check against. When I come across a book that matches a want, I’ll PM the boarder and offer it to them first. If there’s a second interested party, they will get details if the first one declines. If there are no bites, it gets listed here in the thread.

This means that you might get a PM next week…or in three months’ time…but if you tell me what you want, and it’s in there, you will get priority.

However, I would ask that you are specific in what you ask for. Telling me you want any Neal Adams Tomahawk covers in 9.2 or better is fine. Asking me for any ‘high grade’ Marvels with a picture-frame cover is going to get you ignored. So is ‘all DC horror’. I simply cannot personally notify you of every book that fulfils that broad a criteria and what’s more, it’s very unfair to other boarders if one or two individuals ‘corner the market’. 893naughty-thumb.gif

PAYMENT & DISPATCH

I intend packaging books up over each weekend. If you want your books mailed and on their way to you, let me know, we’ll settle up and it’ll get done the following weekend. However, if you want to run a tab, and your rep around here is solid, that is absolutely no problem. Indeed, if you have only got one or two books to pay for, I’d recommend you wait until you’ve got at least four, so that you maximise the shipping costs (and I save time on bloody packaging, which I loathe!). From time to time, I’ll send details over to those with tabs, not to nudge them into paying (if I think you’re not playing fair, I’ll let you know straight!), but simply to check out that we both agree on the books that you’ve reserved.

And that’s about it! I may have forgotten something, in which case you’ll be seeing a little ‘Post Edited…’ comment at the bottom of this screed. insane.gif

I may also have called something wrong, that there’s a practical problem with something I’ve suggested above. If this is the case, please let me know and it may be that I have to slightly amend how things are done. thumbsup2.gif

pretty much clear and simple...nice guidelines for future sellers, which some of them would follow this kind of posture/behaviour! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

good luck and keep on posting the marvel ones! grin.gif

regards

NEWS UPDATE

Thanks to everyone who has bought, every one who has enquired, everyone who has posted and participated…it’s stuff like this that make the boards what they are and I’ve had a great (if somewhat frantic) week! yay.gif

The consequence of all this is that the owner of these gorgeous books is happy to continue on in this vein. I already have another box of about 100 books which I’m going to start processing tomorrow, and I’m expecting two more boxes by the end of next week…this one can run and run!

Now, I’ve received literally hundreds of PMs and rather than respond to each one individually (because I’d never list another book!), I’d like to address a few common questions/themes here. I know this is going to be very text-heavy, and I’m sure someone’s going to comment that they lost the will to live after the first paragraph, but this is stuff that a lot of you want/need to know, so please bear with me. crazy.gif

WHAT’S GOING TO BE LISTED?

There are over 10,000 books in this collection, broken down roughly into 2,000 from the 60s, 3,000 from the 70s and about 5,000 from the 80s. The OO moved close to Mildenhall in the early 70s and this is the time when the true gems start to become the norm in the collection. The 60s stuff was purchased off the UK newsstand, rather than via a US miltary base, and consequently, many books from this period are the infamous UK ‘pence’ copies. Additionally, the collector was at the time also rather young and read and re-read many of the books, leading obviously to varying degrees of wear. For these reasons, at this moment in time I don’t intend listing any of the 60s ‘pence’ copies.

At the other end of the scale, there are 5,000 80s books that average out around the 9.4-9.6 mark, but due to how common they are, and the cheapness of the items, I don’t intend listing them, either. Too much effort for too little return, and additionally, shipping charges are too high in relation to item value.

Therefore, the coming weeks/months will almost exclusively be focused on 70s books in high grade.

’DO YOU HAVE…?’

Truthfully? If it’s not in the box in front of me, I currently have no idea. confused-smiley-013.gif

Understandably, I have received scores of PMs enquiring about specifics. ‘Do you have a copy of Tomb Of Dracula #6 in VF/VF+ without a mis-wrap?’

Not a clue.

What I can tell you is that most things are represented in this collection. Super-hero, war, western, suspense & horror, along with a bit of humour. The only thing that seems to be missing is romance, but beyond that, if you’re looking for a specific issue, it IS likely to be in there, but as to in what state, and in which box, I don’t know. If you really need it, however, please read the section below regarding ‘wants’.

HOW’S IT GOING TO BE LISTED?

My intention is to list stuff every single week until it’s all gone! I don’t want to annoy anyone by littering the Marketplace with different threads for every week’s books, so am happy to simply keep this thread going indefinitely. Along with the new listings, I will keep posting regular updates to the thread of what remains unsold. To save hours of searching through the thread, if anyone wants to look at a scan of a previously posted book, I can do that via PM or re-post it to the thread.

I’ll also keep an Excel sheet of all books that have been processed to date and remain unsold. Anyone who wants a copy of this just has to ask.

WANTS LISTS

There are 40+ boxes of stuff. None of it is arranged into runs. It’s kept in a small room about 20 miles away from me and this keyboard. I have a full-time job, my own company and am in the process of submitting a novel to a literary agent. The owner of the collection is no less busy.

See where we’re going with this?

Bottom-line, much as I would love to actively fill wants lists, I simply cannot. However, I do want to help fill them, but in a rather more laid-back fashion. Many of you have sent over details of books that you’re looking for and these have all been saved in date order…and that’s how I will decide who gets priority…who asked me first. I’ll be piecing together a master-list of all wants which, as I go through each new box, I can check against. When I come across a book that matches a want, I’ll PM the boarder and offer it to them first. If there’s a second interested party, they will get details if the first one declines. If there are no bites, it gets listed here in the thread.

This means that you might get a PM next week…or in three months’ time…but if you tell me what you want, and it’s in there, you will get priority.

However, I would ask that you are specific in what you ask for. Telling me you want any Neal Adams Tomahawk covers in 9.2 or better is fine. Asking me for any ‘high grade’ Marvels with a picture-frame cover is going to get you ignored. So is ‘all DC horror’. I simply cannot personally notify you of every book that fulfils that broad a criteria and what’s more, it’s very unfair to other boarders if one or two individuals ‘corner the market’. 893naughty-thumb.gif

PAYMENT & DISPATCH

I intend packaging books up over each weekend. If you want your books mailed and on their way to you, let me know, we’ll settle up and it’ll get done the following weekend. However, if you want to run a tab, and your rep around here is solid, that is absolutely no problem. Indeed, if you have only got one or two books to pay for, I’d recommend you wait until you’ve got at least four, so that you maximise the shipping costs (and I save time on bloody packaging, which I loathe!). From time to time, I’ll send details over to those with tabs, not to nudge them into paying (if I think you’re not playing fair, I’ll let you know straight!), but simply to check out that we both agree on the books that you’ve reserved.

And that’s about it! I may have forgotten something, in which case you’ll be seeing a little ‘Post Edited…’ comment at the bottom of this screed. insane.gif

I may also have called something wrong, that there’s a practical problem with something I’ve suggested above. If this is the case, please let me know and it may be that I have to slightly amend how things are done. thumbsup2.gif

Sounds fair enough. thumbsup2.gif

I'll look forward to your PM's.

I'll take these if still available -

Doctor Strange #19 NM $12.00

Doctor Strange #22 NM+ $10.00

Doctor Strange #26 NM+ $10.00

Doctor Strange #27 NM+ $10.00

Doctor Strange #29 NM+ $10.00

takeit.gif

Thanks!

Nick -

Are more books coming today or this weekend? I'm losing track amongst the chit-chat.

Cheers!

thumbsup2.gif

About 20 more books tonight, starting in about 20 minutes, and then a breather over the weekend so that I can get this master list of wants together and process another box to list through next week.

6.30 EST kick-off. thumbsup2.gif