• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first experience with Popscomicbooks

89 posts in this topic

I saw that too. They also have the 61 with slightly brittle pages. I remember when that went through heritage a year or two ago- didn't bid too highly because of the PQ- it likely went to them as an investment. i don't agree with the AND UNDERGRADED!!!!! statement though

This thread just ruined my day. The GA artist poll in General got me thinking. So, I became interested in this...

Eisner Spirit

I emailed about the staple and got "not sure if it is rust".

So, with the comments above and the response, I'm walking away empty handed. :sorry:

LOVE this cover. Where's the drool emoticon? (worship) Interesting thread about the seller and their own rants.

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld

"who are these People???, And where did they get these COmics???"

afterall someone here must know the ownership history of an Old style 3.0 graded copy of More Fum 52. How many copies of that book are there that fit those criteria?

With the books that they have I would bet that if they were reasonable to deal with they would sell way more books and at at least a 10-20+% increase in overall selling prices as well.

I would actually buy from Showcase New England b4 I would buy from these jokers

hello all...

MF 52 is a tough one...she has a nice looking 3.0, priced at 2x guide I think...

rick

I did see that one the other day....too bad I am spread a little thin right now :(

Its all your fault Rick :makepoint:

Ronaldo, if you plan on bidding on her book, PLEASE let me know before you do, I have a frequent flyer plane ticket I should use and a plastic rolling pin I can sneak on in my suitcase.. :makepoint:.

hello all...

MF 52 is a tough one...she has a nice looking 3.0, priced at 2x guide I think...

rick

I did see that one the other day....too bad I am spread a little thin right now :(

Ronaldo, if you plan on bidding on her book, PLEASE let me know before you do, I have a frequent flyer plane ticket I should use and a plastic rolling pin I can sneak on in my suitcase.. :makepoint:.

lollol I am actually laughing on the ground right now!!

Does anyone know what is the rationale behind the special payment policy for the MF 52? Is this some "clever" way of not reporting the sale (if it happens) to the IRS?

Kind of an obvious "clever" way of avoiding taxes...I'm surprised they didn't say $9,999.00;)

Note that if you send one for $9001.00, it will be DESTROYED...

You know, you got me to read her dumb advertisement, I had PROMISED myself I would not do that again, doh!...I

Does anyone know what is the rationale behind the special payment policy for the MF 52? Is this some "clever" way of not reporting the sale (if it happens) to the IRS?

Kind of an obvious "clever" way of avoiding taxes...I'm surprised they didn't say $9,999.00;)

Note that if you send one for $9001.00, it will be DESTROYED...

You know, you got me to read her dumb advertisement, I had PROMISED myself I would not do that again, doh!...I

:sorry:

I just happened to come across this thread by accident and wanted to comment on a BAD experience I had with this seller.

Back in Oct-Nov of 2005 I saw a Captain America #66 in NM condition. I believe POPS had it on E-Bay for about $2200.00 with extended Payments. I spoke via E-Mail with Tina about details on doing this!!!! She told a down payment of $600.00 was required and the balance to be paid off by Dec. 31st. I agreed to this transaction and mailed her the partial payment of $600.00 dollars.

About 10 days before Dec. 31st (2005) I send the balance registered mail ($1500.00) to Las Vegas and waited for my comic. No one picked up the mail at the post office. It stayed there about four weeks or so and I couldn't get any response from Vegas. Before the transaction Tina was telling me about her Mother wanting to relocate near Sarasota (here in Florida- I live in Naples) and asking about what it was like here la-la-la etc....

Anyway a few weeks after the New Year they finally contacted me after the check was returned to me by the Post Office and they were wondering where the payment was. I told them I sent it and no one signed for it and that it was returned to me by the Post Office. They basically said that the money wasn't sent and that I renigged on the deal and kept my $600.00.

I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it. Never got my $600.00 back or the CAP #66 NM.

Since that time I just avoided them like a virus even though they sometimes showed some exception books on e-bay. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and will never deal with anyone that doesn't list their feedback on e-bay!!!! Private my !!!!

Edit; Sorry this Cap was not NM but VF/NM!!! Wanted to correct that!!!

hello all...

rick

Let me know as well!!! I'll go!!! If you read Tina's rant, she invited me to visit!!! :devil::headbang:

I just happened to come across this thread by accident and wanted to comment on a BAD experience I had with this seller.

Back in Oct-Nov of 2005 I saw a Captain America #66 in NM condition. I believe POPS had it on E-Bay for about $2200.00 with extended Payments. I spoke via E-Mail with Tina about details on doing this!!!! She told a down payment of $600.00 was required and the balance to be paid off by Dec. 31st. I agreed to this transaction and mailed her the partial payment of $600.00 dollars.

About 10 days before Dec. 31st (2005) I send the balance registered mail ($1500.00) to Las Vegas and waited for my comic. No one picked up the mail at the post office. It stayed there about four weeks or so and I couldn't get any response from Vegas. Before the transaction Tina was telling me about her Mother wanting to relocate near Sarasota (here in Florida- I live in Naples) and asking about what it was like here la-la-la etc....

Anyway a few weeks after the New Year they finally contacted me after the check was returned to me by the Post Office and they were wondering where the payment was. I told them I sent it and no one signed for it and that it was returned to me by the Post Office. They basically said that the money wasn't sent and that I renigged on the deal and kept my $600.00.

I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it. Never got my $600.00 back or the CAP #66 NM.

Since that time I just avoided them like a virus even though they sometimes showed some exception books on e-bay. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and will never deal with anyone that doesn't list their feedback on e-bay!!!! Private my !!!!

Edit; Sorry this Cap was not NM but VF/NM!!! Wanted to correct that!!!

Do you have proof of everything above? :popcorn:

If you do, I will represent you for free in trying to get your money back. A promise is a promise. (thumbs u

Are you reading this Tina? I'm watching you. :hi:

Did you report them to ebay? Not that they could do anything. They ripped you off for 600.00!

No I didn't!!! I thought there was nothing much I could about it!!! I did believe in people though, and thought that any decent human would have at least refunded my money!!!

But I could tell THEY were NOT decent people!!!!

As a matter of fact I haven't bought anything from anyone in VEGAS since!!!!

Sorry MaxStuff!!!! I've bought from you and you have been alright!!!!

hello all...

rick

Let me know as well!!! I'll go!!! If you read Tina's rant, she invited me to visit!!! :devil::headbang:

You know, that could be interesting...she invited you, and I don't have a man's bone in my body...;) That could be a PLAN:) (thumbs u

Too bad you weren't on the boards then. I have a feeling that one of the lawyers here probably would've helped you out.

His issue very likely falls within the applicable statue of limitations. The primary issue will be one of proof. Did he save all the mailings, checks, e-mails, etc. :cloud9: