• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the one book you most regret SELLING!

31 posts in this topic

Hi All: If we only knew were this hobby was going. As a collector I have sold alot of books to take my collecting interests to other venues. Xmen 1 9.6, ASM Ann 1 9.6, Pacific Coast, Flash 124-160, B&B 34-36 Western Penn and more that I cannot recall at this time. The only book I regret selling is HOM #1 Awesome 9.4 at worst, only later did I find out it was a Church Copy.

Best, Tom

\

Jeez......when I hear stuff like that, It makes me glad I haven't been in the Hobby long enough to have those kind of regrets.

Traded the Action 33 and 46 Mile Highs to Dave Anderson for the Action 55 Mile High(currently on Metropolis' website) and a stack of non-pedigree high grade DC Golden Age. Would love to have the Action 33 back.

I think I've whined a few times on how the book I most regret selling now was the best copy of Wonder Woman #1 (CGC high 9.0).

Every time there is a census update, I realize how tough it really is to have a DC Golden Age key in 9.0 or better. You can pretty much count on one hand the number of keys in 9.0 or better.

For example there are NOT 9.0 or higher graded unrestored copies of:

Action #1, Adventure #40, Adventure #48, All American #16, All American #19, All Star #8, Batman #1, Comic Cavalcade #1, Detective #1, Detective #27, or Superman #1.

There is only one copy of Flash #1 graded 9.0 or better, 2 copies of Green Lantern #1 in 9.0, two copies of Detective #38 in 9.0 or better, and one More Fun #52 in 9.2 (the color touched Church copy). That's pretty elite company. especially considering WW is one of the big three of the DC universe.

Ok, I think I just made myself regret it more.

i know mine isnt worth much but it had sentimental value, after the Spiderman clone saga I just wasnt into comics anymore so I sold off a few things including:

The 30th anniversary hologram issues of the different issues of spiderman I had signed by Stan Lee at a convention.

I kind of wish I hadn't sold those.