• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the one book you most regret SELLING!

31 posts in this topic

following on from the regret not buying thread...

i'll kick this off.....

ff 50 cgc 9.4 pac coast in 2001.....i dont know why i sold it...i didnt really need the $$....i think i had a temporary episode of insanity but boy do it regret it now....itd be a $2500 book easy imo

anyone on the boards now the proud owner??

you want to sell it back to me??

Not a book, a piece of original art - the last page to Swamp Thing 53 by Totleben, full page Batman splash. Absolutely stunning page. Sold it for $900 and INSTANTLY regretted it, was close to renegging on the deal.

Only one?

I regret getting rid of my first collection from 25 years ago or so... FF 10-200 (plus annuals + giants), Avengers 10-176 (plus annuals + giants), Cap 100-200, Marvel Two-In-One 1-50, Marvel Team-Up 1-66 plus some others. Many came right off of the spinner rack while others were purchased from a great comic shop hip deep in back issues.

All of that to pay for college (about one semester's worth, as it turned out).

Sniff... I miss them.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I totaled my car in the mid-1980s and sold most of my collection to get it fixed. The two books that stand out from that collection that I'd love to have again today are a Daredevil #1 in VF and a Marvel Mystery Comics 16 (I think) in F/VF.

An absolutely perfect copy of Showcase #55 graded CGC 9.6 w/ white pages. 893frustrated.gif

On auction at ComicLink express now! frown.gif

Mine is my Superman 199 CGC 9.2 or my Iron Man 55 that I sold raw years ago. Would have graded at least a 9.6! confused-smiley-013.gif

I am kicking myself to this day for selling ASM 1-50 to help pay for school (or the fun involved with school!) The conditions were mostly F/VF, but I loved those books.... Just didn't realize it until they were gone.....

Like I said, Still kicking myself....

D-

Far far too many to list. High grade from Marvel Mysterys, low number Actions, Phantom Ladys, Catman 13, Suspense 4, Silver Streak NN.

These are almost impossible to replace. frown.gif

Never really had a problem selling a Bronze or Silver age book.

While not exactly a comicbook itself,I once had my hands on an original John Romita Jr work where he recreated hs fathers Subby 34, complete with hand colored pencils.Believe it was done for his freshman (HS) art class. I miss my complete collection of THUNDERagents as it is a hard set to put together these days

I sold an Fantastic Four 12 in VF+ 8.5 with off-white pages to pay off some debt. I got a decent price for it, but it has been the hardest issue to replace.

any chance it is the one jason ewert has on ebay? nice copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had a NM Showcase #37...1st Metal Men..sold in raw for about $450.00 four years ago...this was 9.4/9.6 easily...but I was moving and wanted to get rid of all my high grade stuff before I left...dumb-arse.

J.D.

ff 50 cgc 9.4 pac coast in 2001

anyone on the boards now the proud owner??

893frustrated.gif

If that book entered my collection, I guarantee it wouldn't have left for years.

I have a lot of regrets myself. My first was selling off my ASM #14 in 9.4 at the beginning of 2002. The most recent was selling my JIM #109 CGC 9.2. I made good $$$ on both, and sold to good people, but I still regretted each sale right after they were done. Packing those books up to ship was very difficult.

Around 1979 or 1980, I sold Murphy Anderson's orig. pen/ink cover art to Show #60 1st S.A. Spectre cover to an Eastcoast art dealer. Tripled my money on it but, in hindsight, should have kept it for at least 10 yrs. frown.gif

I have bought and sold a lot of Marvel silver age stuff over the past four years (constantly re-working my collection for no good reason), but the ONE book I regret selling was Tales of Suspense #43 (cgc 9.2).

Now Josh at Comiclink is torturing me by having it on his site for the low, low price of $1940... My favorite golden Iron Man cover, and very tough to find...

Dan

Ooh - Me too! Me want on the masochism train too!

I think selling Daredevil #2 in NM- for $15 qualifies... this was in 1979, and I paid $6 for it three years earlier, so at the time I was actually fairly pleased with the deal... now I'm a lot less pleased.

Hi All: If we only knew were this hobby was going. As a collector I have sold alot of books to take my collecting interests to other venues. Xmen 1 9.6, ASM Ann 1 9.6, Pacific Coast, Flash 124-160, B&B 34-36 Western Penn and more that I cannot recall at this time. The only book I regret selling is HOM #1 Awesome 9.4 at worst, only later did I find out it was a Church Copy.

Best, Tom