• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley's new catalog

18 posts in this topic

Here's something interesting from Harley's new catalog:

He's got a Superboy #180 CGC 9.4 (NM) listed for $110.00. And he's got a raw Superboy #180 that he's graded NM listed for $8.00. So which is it? Has he overpriced the CGC or severely underpriced the raw one? If the 180 for $8 is actually NM, why not send it in to CGC, spend 25.00 or so and sell it for $110?

That certainly does raise some questions... Does Harley consider his own grading that suspect? He's sending that message, whether he means to or not.

Maybe he just needs the $8 so badly he can't wait for CGC to turn around the unslabbed copy?

Maybe he forgot a zero... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree,..I think its more he forgot a 0...I was looking at the price of some DC's and they were 4 and 5x guide for NM...Raw!!!....I'm talking bronze books here!!

Now I know some dealers that are fond of overpricing their books....and some dealers that are way off when it comes to grading their books,...but Harley Yee...Congradulations...you're the first dealer I think I've met who has mastered both arenas acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif.

J.D.

Sounds like a type to me, Harley just does not sell books that cheap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I suppose it is a typo, since he's got a 180 VF+ listed for $18. He probably means $80.

But I wouldn't pay $80 for this book in NM, in fact you'd be hard pressed to get me to pay $8 for this book in NM, it can't possibly be that rare.

Congradulations...you're the first dealer I think I've met who has mastered both arenas acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif.

J.D.

Don't forget about Chuck.

He's mastered both, AND has cosmic powers. shocked.gif

Congradulations...you're the first dealer I think I've met who has mastered both arenas acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif.

J.D.

Don't forget about Chuck.

He's mastered both, AND has cosmic powers. shocked.gif

Nope...I think Chuck is guilty of just bad grading...If you check his raw prices, they are pretty close to guide(except for those frickin Dallas Stevens books)....his NM's are just 7.5-8.0

Harley is a nice guy and dealer but he doesn't sell his books cheap. Expect full guide price or more.

The only person who has worse prices then Harley is Chuck ( and not by much.)

there was an intersting letter in CBG this week. A reader complained that Chucks 50% sales always came after MH had systematically DOUBLED all the prices on the "on sale" books!! He claimed to have done extensive research on Chuck's online store, and noticed the pattern over and over again.

Say it aint so!

I read that letter in CBG too!!! I don't know if it's true as I out of principal won't ever buy a book from Chuck, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, are there any dealers out there that want to pay me 4x guide for my books and could then call it the "David Matteini" collection? Don't be shy - send me a PM and we can work something out - I can sign some COAs and pose for some pictures too.

DAM

Harley is a nice guy and dealer but he doesn't sell his books cheap. Expect full guide price or more.

I checked the Guide on Superboy #180. NM (9.4) is $28.00. So maybe Harley missed a 2. And 4x Guide for the CGC copy still seems high to me because the guide price seems awfully high.

I can sign some COAs and pose for some pictures too.

DAM

I can see it now... just a Bat Cowl and a spraypainted Bat insignia on a hairy chest and... nothing else....eeewwww

Hey now darth, is that what you had in mind????tongue.gif Okay, I'll take those pictures, but for your eyes only.

DAM

I read that letter in CBG too!!! I don't know if it's true as I out of principal won't ever buy a book from Chuck, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, are there any dealers out there that want to pay me 4x guide for my books and could then call it the "David Matteini" collection? Don't be shy - send me a PM and we can work something out - I can sign some COAs and pose for some pictures too.

DAM

I am up for it. As a matter of fact...I will sell them for you. My costs are low and I guarantee you will get more money for your books. The way I figure it:

45% commission

15% marketing

10% expenses

25% CGC slabbing

12% Postage

Sorry David...it seems that you owe me. The invoice is on its' way.

Hilarious....whilst writing the previous response Chuck's favourite song started playing......

Let's go get stoned...... insane.gif

For those who don't know...it is a classic song sung by Joe Cocker from his Mad Dogs and Englishmen album cloud9.gif