• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

My extensive comic room full of EC comics, original art, and Canadian Golden Age Comics ad infinitum...

ECDisplay.jpg

ECCollection.jpg

I think of all the collections board members possess, yours is the one I'm most envious of. :applause:

My extensive comic room full of EC comics, original art, and Canadian Golden Age Comics ad infinitum...

ECDisplay.jpg

ECCollection.jpg

I think of all the collections board members possess, yours is the one I'm most envious of. :applause:

it is a lovely set up

ECDisplay.jpg

ECCollection.jpg

it is a lovely set up

very nice. :golfclap:

Ok, dumb question here, but on the horizontal stacks, do you alternate the issues in terms of spine direction or do the spines all line up in the same direction? I want to lay my mylars flat in a cabinet like that, but worry about spine roll (more space efficient than vertical boxes). Appreciate anyone else's advice here as well. :foryou:

I think if your using fullbacks or even double boarding (I do that with my best books) you don't have to worry. Maybe if your stacking them 50+ high but I just don't see how spine roll can come into play unless your using thinner boards that cannot support the weight. That's why I bag, board, then but a bigger board behind it and in a mylar with a flap.

Thanks for your compliments everybody :foryou:

On the vertical stacks, I do NOT alternate the spines. Like Silver Surfer says, I use fullbacks and double board the books and encase each one in Super Gold Archival Mylars.

My collection cannot ever hold a candle to BZs' but our collections are of an entirely different nature. I only have about 25 pulps in my personal collection. The crux of my collection however are Golden Age Canadian Whites from the second world war.

Edited by eccomic

Thanks for your compliments everybody :foryou:

On the vertical stacks, I do NOT alternate the spines. Like Silver Surfer says, I use fullbacks and double board the books and encase each one in Super Gold Archival Mylars.

My collection cannot ever hold a candle to BZs' but our collections are of an entirely different nature. I only have about 25 pulps in my personal collection. The crux of my collection however are Golden Age Canadian Whites from the second world war.

Thanks for sharing your awesome collection with us (worship)

What did you paint the closet with ? hopefully no VOC paint and non form shelving??

? Please fill in those who are not informed.

I used no VOC paint so there is no off gassing of the paint to mess up the comic books. The chemicals can react to the papper and inks. Also some shelving made out of particle board has formaledehide ( I cant spell) in it which also off gases.

Like that new car smell everyone likes when they buy a new car, thats the paints and plastics in your car off gassing chemicals.....

What did you paint the closet with ? hopefully no VOC paint and non form shelving??

? Please fill in those who are not informed.

I used no VOC paint so there is no off gassing of the paint to mess up the comic books. The chemicals can react to the papper and inks. Also some shelving made out of particle board has formaledehide ( I cant spell) in it which also off gases.

Like that new car smell everyone likes when they buy a new car, thats the paints and plastics in your car off gassing chemicals.....

Quick question--how were you able to determine which particle board did not have formaldehyde? I'm getting ready to get quotes to has custom shelving built for my glasses and some books, and have always wondered about this.