• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

After seeing all the great rooms and displays, I have finally gotten around to setting up a comic / office room for my enjoyment. Not even close to being completed, but just a start.

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

Still waiting to get a few more bookcases to display some books and statues, maybe Marvel on one side and DC on the other.

I guess you could call my room a comic room.

These three bookcases are in my room and contain most of my 3000+ GNs (mainly manga, but also US-trades and OGNs and some franco-belgian books):

pic02dy2.th.jpg pic01xx0.th.jpg pic03ue5.th.jpg

Not visible above:

sdsc04244ww7.th.jpg sdsc04245nj0.th.jpg sdsc04247rf1.th.jpg sdsc04236tq6.th.jpg

These are in another room:

pic04yr2.th.jpg sdsc04272tn2.th.jpg

sdsc04288mp0.th.jpg sdsc04289ol0.th.jpg

sdsc04277ne1.th.jpg sdsc04281fp5.th.jpg

I also have 10 shortboxes and 4 longboxes of single issues stashed in various places. Most of my comics are neither old nor valuable, they're just what I like to read. You can see everything I added this year to my collection here in more detail.

Note: linked images may be large (up to 1MB each)

~Althalus

I guess you could call my room a comic room.

These three bookcases are in my room and contain most of my 3000+ GNs (mainly manga, but also US-trades and OGNs and some franco-belgian books):

pic02dy2.th.jpg pic01xx0.th.jpg pic03ue5.th.jpg

Not visible above:

sdsc04244ww7.th.jpg sdsc04245nj0.th.jpg sdsc04247rf1.th.jpg sdsc04236tq6.th.jpg

These are in another room:

pic04yr2.th.jpg sdsc04272tn2.th.jpg

sdsc04288mp0.th.jpg sdsc04289ol0.th.jpg

sdsc04277ne1.th.jpg sdsc04281fp5.th.jpg

I also have 10 shortboxes and 4 longboxes of single issues stashed in various places. Most of my comics are neither old nor valuable, they're just what I like to read. You can see everything I added this year to my collection here in more detail.

Note: linked images may be large (up to 1MB each)

~Althalus

Whoa :o That's obsessive! But in a good way :)

Man, I love this thread.

Senormac I love that Donald Duck origin book, very sweet.

Nice set up Heroes Haven but somehow it doesn't look right. Not nearly as cluttered as it should be. :baiting:

Althalus, nice set up and a ton of great reading. It's nice to see collecters overseas enjoying our hobby. After all I :cloud9: German beer.

Thanks for that link silverweb. I think I've seen him on Ebay and was tempted. Is there anything about his frames you don't like?

Hey, I like your bookshelf with the figurines and the standing slabs. What did you use for the stands?

If you are planning to frame, some slabs, I use Frameitagainsam.

http://www.frameitagainsam.com/hall.php

That is my Spider-man 1 Chromium

Thanks for the nice words, hopefully I can complete the room soon.

I use Ultra Pro Large Stand that I found at a LCS, they also carried sports cards and found them in the suppy aisle.

Man, I love this thread.

Nice set up Heroes Haven but somehow it doesn't look right. Not nearly as cluttered as it should be. :baiting:

This is just the starting of a new setup, the rest of the books are stored at mom's house. The new place isn't big enough to hold my collection, something around 40 long boxes and bunch of small boxes and diamond boxes filled that I haven't gotten to yet. I should be moving the 25-28 CGC boxes at some point to the new place, but for the raw books they will stay at the mom's for now. :sorry:

Man, I love this thread.

Senormac I love that Donald Duck origin book, very sweet.

This "IS" a cool thread. Its great to see what everybodys got goin on.

I took some page shots for you......just to give you an idea. The book is in WELL READ condition....but its all there. Heres a few pics of Donalds early life......

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

Edited by Senormac

Well- renovations in the comic room are finally just about done! I got a ton of good help (both design and implementation) from my wife who has *gasp* a bunch of comics in the room too. (I'm still steamed that she now has 2 CGC awards and I have none.) Anyway, here's the pics.

Wall by closet with Galactus and Powers art

14.jpg

Display case in the corner next to closet with my Heroclix and some sweet 9.8 Spideys and Romita Sr signature Spideys

13.jpg

3.jpg

Had trouble getting pictures because the shelves go up to the ceiling where a lot of my funnybooks are. But here they are with the "feature wall" (I watch Trading Spaces lol ) of OA and our TV for watching cartoons. (Which is the secondary purpose of the office.)

12.jpg

Spidey Futon on opposite wall

5.jpg

...And the GA/SA comics above it

7.jpg

...And my Garney and Trimpe sketches to the left

8.jpg

Thanks for letting me share gang. Put a TON of work into this today and it's nice to be able to post up here as a "reward". Still probably catch some spackle on the walls in a couple of the pics. Am going to try and touch up the paint there before people come by this weekend.

Since I've already spammed this thread here's a couple of pics of my bookends "Lady Death" and "Purgatory"

1.jpg

2.jpg