• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

last set:

Nice stuff Nate. Looks like you have a sweet collection that I would love to look through.

Thanks, Dave. I look forward to you seeing it some day!

I will be on a holiday through that neck of the woods someday. Count on a visit.

done and done.

With my company closing in a couple of months, we had a silent auction at work yesterday. I was able to pick up 19 pieces (Four 10-drawer file cabinets, Five 5-drawer file cabinets, Six 4-drawer file cabinets, 2 shelving units and 2 drawer units) for $118.00. Add the cost of a U-Haul cargo van and I spent only $200 for the entire lot.

I've taken before pictures of the comic room and I'm in the process of cleaning and spray painting most of the file cabinets. Once I'm done with the remake of the room I'll post the before and after pictures. (thumbs u

Update - one shelving unit is in place. Stereo on top with comic price guides, TPB's and Treasury Editions down below. One drawer unit is in place with backing boards & sleeves and miscellaneous packing materials in it. The 5-drawer legal size file cabinets are assembled in the middle of the room with the foamboard dividers now in place. It will be nice once I get these filled with comics. :grin:

Well, the makeover isn't near as nice as some of these other rooms I've seen, and it's not quite complete yet, but I thought I'd show progress pictures of my comic room. It ended up that the 10-drawer file cabinets were just too damned heavy to haul upstairs so they stayed in the garage for other storage. I ended up using the five 5-drawer file cabinets in the center of the room for storage of most of my main collection.

Main collection area (before)

LongComicBoxes1old.jpg

LongComicBoxes2old.jpg

LongComicBoxes3old.jpg

Main collection area (after)

FileCabinetsformaincollection.jpg

Maincollectioncomics1.jpg

Maincollectioncomics2.jpg

I still have some reshuffling and drawer labeling to do but it's much more organized than before...and much easier to get to the comics on bottom. :)

The rest of the main collection and the "comics to submit to CGC" are in 4-drawer file cabinets along one wall (see below).

FileCabinetsforCGCsubmissions2.jpg

FileCabinetsforCGCsubmissions.jpg

Packing supplies area (before)

PackingSuppliesAreaold.jpg

Packing supplies area (after)

PackingSuppliesAreanew1.jpg

PackingSuppliesAreanew2.jpg

PackingSuppliesAreanew3.jpg

CGC slab storage (before)

CGCComicBoxesold.jpg

CGC slab storage (after)

CGCComicBoxesnew.jpg

Stereo, Overstreet guides, TPB's, etc. (before)

StereoAreaOld.jpg

LunchBoxesandGraphicNovelsold.jpg

Stereo, Overstreet guides, TPB's, etc. (after)

StereoAreaNew.jpg

And a couple of extra pics of posters and superhero figures:

Postersuperherotoys1.jpg

Postersuperherotoys2.jpg

Still a progress in work but much more organized than before. That room is crammed full plus all of the DC comics are stored in an adjacent room. In addition to that all of my duplicate Marvel and DC comics along with about 8 long boxes of comics still to grade are in the basement on 2 long tables. At least all of the comics are out of the living room and kitchen now. lol

A short tour of my dork den. Notice the conspicuous absence of almost everthing comic related other than Ryan's fantastic recreation of Thrilling Crime 49. :(

dd1.jpg

LOOOOOVE the RyanH repro!!! I can't wait to get my Startling Comics #49!!!!!!

PLUS, I'm about to buy a new place. One of the "must haves" is enough room for my very one Dork Den! Gotta fly the flag and it looks like I'll get to soon... :banana:

firstly :o at the comic room above, :golfclap:

Mine is a serious work in progress. Unfortunately we need to redo the boiler in the basement before my whole room can be made BUT for the moment I am planning and here are some of the first things that will be going on the wall.

Hi Res scans of my actual book (100MB), taken to Kinkos, made into a 3 x 2 foot poster with a backing (about 75$ each).

They came out better than I had hoped, getting three more made today. I think they are fantastic.

Obviously my Gi Combat (6.0) and WWbN (9.6)

Will post others when made.

(Hulk Annual 1, Submariner 34, Nick Fury 11)

86064.jpg.598bd2085a9baec197f480dc257c4d1a.jpg

Man daybeds and magenta futons...

Sounds like somebody's better half is not so much allowing a comic room as comprimising on the decor of the guest room.

I can't talk, though. If we get pregnant, my Comicland is history. Great spaces, folks.

Man daybeds and magenta futons...

Sounds like somebody's better half is not so much allowing a comic room as comprimising on the decor of the guest room.

I can't talk, though. If we get pregnant, my Comicland is history. Great spaces, folks.

Each and every conceived decision, ill or otherwise, was made by me, for me. :makepoint:

And it's odd that I have to explain this on a board full of OCD nerds, but I'm quite the Smaug, laying attop my loot pile, snoring the sleep of the greedy and content.

hrmmmmmmmmzzzzzzz, I smell a Hobbit.

Mine is a serious work in progress. Unfortunately we need to redo the boiler in the basement before my whole room can be made BUT for the moment I am planning and here are some of the first things that will be going on the wall.

Hi Res scans of my actual book (100MB), taken to Kinkos, made into a 3 x 2 foot poster with a backing (about 75$ each).

They came out better than I had hoped, getting three more made today. I think they are fantastic.

Very cool, Doc Joe! :applause:

OK and here are the final Four

Nick Fury 11, Subbie 34, Hulk Annual 1, Conan 22

they are really cool,

Joe

86356.jpg.ed734ef55302d47faeceb1bd44487910.jpg

86357.jpg.ce2b53f941192586c3d3a7c805a4ad8c.jpg

86358.jpg.b45c090ec217bd0bec433db661b233c6.jpg

OK and here are the final Four

Nick Fury 11, Subbie 34, Hulk Annual 1, Conan 22

they are really cool,

Joe

So these cost $75(thats SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS) each?

So these cost $75(thats SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS) each?

something like that, you get a discount for more of them.

This sort of came about from a poster I saw at the Chicago show. A company just got the license to make these huge poster with Marvel covers, only problem

800 cheeseburgers (assuming you pick from the dollar menu). No way says I.

It was the Cap A 100 cover. I am waiting for mine to return to do that one, should be a 9.6.

Anyway they are great. Going to do some smaller Four Color covers for the kids.

For the record Max likes the Subbie cover.

Joe

I got the 24 x 36 inch size

http://fedex.com/us/office/marketing/signsbanners/posters/packages.html?lid=Learnmore_posters_packages

I did a high res scan (about 100MB) through the slab. Took it into Kinkos on a USB drive. They do a proof first to show a you what a small section will look like. Then if you like it they make the poster. I had them trim any white edges off, they did a good job of that.

Then its a gloss solid board that looks amazing.

I think its a tad boring to get the classic covers (do we really need a spidey 1 print? no) , so I did ones I really like that look different from the standard posters.

post them here if you get some made, good luck

Joe