• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

man oh man would i love to have a nice comfy set-up like that! i have the square footage, but i have so many boxes strewn about i can barely move in there

i find it really hard to devote much time to making my hobby room look nice with a demanding 4 year old, a demanding job, a demanding wife, 60-90 minutes of commuting a day (ok, that part isn't so terrible)... it's hard to squeeze two short visits to the gym in there, much less organizing 600 or so issues of amazing spiderman

Hey took some pics of my comic room...thought you may enjoy...

1. I just picked this up from the Purdue warehouse for...$20 :banana: Used to be for holding academic journals or something. Holds my comics very well...

ComicRoom001.jpg

2. Close up of above...

ComicRoom005.jpg

3. Some of my OA on the wall...

ComicRoom002.jpg

4. Close ups:

ComicRoom003.jpg

ComicRoom004.jpg

5. Another wall with a couple of sketches:

ComicRoom006.jpg

I am just getting started on a room for my comics.

It will take me awhile to get it how I want it, but these are a few photos of what I have thrown together so far. :)

IMG_0539.jpg

Far away shot of a spare bookcase we had.

IMG_0541.jpg

Top two shelves of bookcase.

IMG_0542.jpg

Bottom few shelves of bookcase

IMG_0540.jpg

Wall shelves with some #1's on top and some keys on bottom

IMG_0538.jpg

Recently found this in the back of a closet. I originally purchased this in a comic shop in San Antonio back when X-Men #1 was released.

IMG_0544.jpg

Original Spiderman movie poster that I have yet to hang up.

my original plan called for 1x2 pieces of wood, with an edge routed in them that is the exact same size as the edge of the cgc holder.

Well, I went to Home Depot today and was going to buy 6 ft pieces of oak or pine if they were pretty straight - well after going through stacks of both wood - nothing was at all straight. Home Depot has the worst lumber.. Well, as I was going through the isle to see what kinda options I had, and I came across primed 1x2 MDF with a rounded front. They were like 2.50 for a 6 ft lenght.

Best part about this solution - the mdf is more flexible than wood, and was a lot easier to use a router on to make the grooves.

I found studs and drilled right into them - you can use sinkers if you are going straight into drywall.

hope that helps

-Mike

I could - but i dont think you would want to pay union wages for me to do that... lol

aside from the use of the router, its a pretty simple job. I had to set the depth just perfect so it just gets the round edge of the Slab perfectly.

I had a fun time doing it.