• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Just finished setting this baby up :whee:

1ead4564.jpg

1fe4d24d.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Count,

Guns and comics! Your precious babies, eh! (thumbs u

I gotta mention that I am concerned because I remember some boardies saying that safes can cause some kind of moisture damage. Hope you are "safe" lol

This safe does not have much of a fire rating. It's rated for 30 minutes only. The fire protection mainly consists of several pieces of sheetrock. Even so, I'm not taking any chances...since I'm home 85% off the time the safe remains open so no moisture builds up in it and I also use an Eva-Dry dehumidifier to remove most of the moisture in the air. :)

The room the safe is stored in is climate controlled so I think I'll be fine. The safe is more of a theft deterrent, just in case. If the thief is able to get this monstrosity out of my house and into a car they deserve its contents lol

This safe does not have much of a fire rating. It's rated for 30 minutes only. The fire protection mainly consists of several pieces of sheetrock. Even so, I'm not taking any chances...since I'm home 85% off the time the safe remains open so no moisture builds up in it and I also use an Eva-Dry dehumidifier to remove most of the moisture in the air. :)

The room the safe is stored in is climate controlled so I think I'll be fine. The safe is more of a theft deterrent, just in case. If the thief is able to get this monstrosity out of my house and into a car they deserve it's contents lol

challenge-accepted.jpg

At Lowes :grin:

It's a special order item as they don't have them displayed in stores but they do have it on their website.

The best part was the $65 delivery fee. That alone is worth getting it. Most of the safes I looked at prior to this one would cost me $300-400 for curbside delivery and if I wanted the "white glove" delivery that would consist of the safe being delivery and setup inside your home it would cost an additional $300.

I ended up tipping the delivery people $100 because they actually had to carry it up stairs and from one side of my house to the other....:eek:

They sent out 3 bulky delivery guys and it took them an hour and a half to get it into my house and setup. I think this safe goes with the house if I ever sell it lol

At Lowes :grin:

It's a special order item as they don't have them displayed in stores but they do have it on their website.

The best part was the $65 delivery fee. That alone is worth getting it. Most of the safes I looked at prior to this one would cost me $300-400 for curbside delivery and if I wanted the "white glove" delivery that would consist of the safe being delivery and setup inside your home it would cost an additional $300.

I ended up tipping the delivery people $100 because they actually had to carry it up stairs and from one side of my house to the other....:eek:

They sent out 3 bulky delivery guys and it took them an hour and a half to get it into my house and setup. I think this safe goes with the house if I ever sell it lol

I remember a kind boardie sending me a link! ;)

There are some great rooms posted in here...

cgcworld... That is just one amazing room! :worship:

I like the added protection those comics are getting Count!

Trey... very nice room although I agree on the camera suggestion! Awesome original art!

I seriously need to go through this thread again... :)

Received a pm regarding the frames I used on the raw books I posted some time back and they're called Comic Book Showcase from BCW:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/comic-book-showcase.htm

Also I've realized how much I've added because of this place and now I've run out of wall space!

My work in progress room is still that... :)

room4.jpg

room.jpg

room3.jpg

Received a pm regarding the frames I used on the raw books I posted some time back and they're called Comic Book Showcase from BCW:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/comic-book-showcase.htm

Also I've realized how much I've added because of this place and now I've run out of wall space!

My work in progress room is still that... :)

room4.jpg

room.jpg

room3.jpg

Awesome!! :applause:

I see you have the X-Men #4 displayed on your comic wall (thumbs u