• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I'm very deep into the issues that came out in the 1957-1964 period including the hockey coins and the York Peanut butter cards. I also have a major presence in the hockey cards issued in the 1965-1972 period. One of these days I have to find the wherewithal (and finances) to start pecking away at the Chex cards and Beehive photos. I'll probably limit myself in the Beehives to the Montreal Maroons and the woodgrain series though.

Modern hockey cards from 1992 to the present I've collected only sporadically. I've only picked up the issues or specifically chase cards I've found most compelling on the basis of aesthetic design. I lean toward gaudy. Nonetheless, I still have about eight binders of these modern hockey cards since there are so many of them.

Here are a couple of examples of modern cards from 2003-04 that I just added to my collection:

111700.jpg.8c147d68548fd319712adefbd300c41b.jpg

111701.jpg.4e32f411f458509aa02d2a5045646810.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

Here are some shots of my comic and magazine cabinets:

HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

HepcatCurioComics.jpg

Hepcatcheckingcomics.jpg

ComicRoomCurioFilingCab.jpg

ComicRoom.jpg

ComicLeftFileCab.jpg

ComicsLeftSide.jpg

StyxComics.jpg

StxyComics2.jpg

UpperLeftComics.jpg

Lowerleftcomics-Copy.jpg

My comics are all in Mylites/Arklites backed by Thin X-Tenders/Halfbacks.

I've not yet Mylited my magazine collection though. It's in the third, half the fourth and the fifth row of the cabinet to the right of my comic cabinet. The top row and the second row of this cabinet are presenting false fronts. I've just put up a few high nostalgia comics from 1963 for display purposes. Behind them is just miscellaneous junk. The other half of the fourth row consists of comics waiting to be Mylited. I've run out of Halfbacks and need to put in an order for several hundred comic ones and probably a thousand magazine ones. Hopefully that will be sufficient for at least another ten years.

RightComicCabinetFullView.jpg

RightComicCabinet.jpg

RightComicCabinetBottom.jpg

:cool:

Dude, that's mad cool!@ Nice array!!

Those are 1958-59 hockey cards though. Buffalo Sabres didn't start to appear until the 1970-71 issue!

Here are some of my Aurora model kits featuring licenced comic book and TV characters:

BatplaneRobinAurora.jpg

HulkWonderWomanSuperboyAurora.jpg

SeaviewAurora.jpg

ManfromUNCLEAurora.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Just bought some new bookcases and got some stuff framed, so here's an updated look at my comic room :)

cgc2011135.jpg

cgc2011130-1.jpg

Cool!

What's behind the unopened large folding door on the left in the top pic? More comic boxes? Is the door on the left hand side an exit door or another closet?

Is more comic related material behind the closed doors of the cabinet in the bottom pic?

???

Edited by Hepcat