• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

ARRRGH!

I have a real love/hate relationship with this thread.

Although all things considered, I'm pretty happy with my comic book & collectibles room ( it's actually our sun room, which is maybe about the size of a 1/2 bedroom ). And I stay that way for the most part until I see some of the awesome rooms here. Then I get envious. REALLY envious.

For instance, I was actually a bit proud of myself earlier today because I got a couple of nice packages in the mail that added up to 27 comics. Which in turn, after being boarded, bagged & logged in properly wound up filling my sixth short box.

Not too bad considering that I just began collecting again a year ago. Pretty much from scratch.

I used to have a helluva nice collection of 3000-3500 books years ago, but I sold it in 1980 not long after my 18th birthday. Something that I spent 30 long years regretting, so sitting here with 675 comics now is definitely cool.

But, I'll you, seeing a collection like ChunkyButt's makes me realize how much work I have ahead of me should I ever desire to leave behind even half as many comics as he has now when I kick off. lol

And I haven't even gotten around to getting my first slabbed book yet!

I would choose quality over quantity anytime. (thumbs u

I would choose quality over quantity anytime. (thumbs u

Fo Sho, out of all those boxes and the other 50 I have in storage only 6 or 7 are of decent SA and about another 8 boxes are of long runs of my favorite Marvel titles. The rest were acquired because I needed to buy whole collections instead of specific comics I wanted from people.

I would gladly trade you 20 long boxes od Bronze/copper DC books for one or two key SA!!!

:blahblah:

Shelves were purchased at Lowes for $60 a piece, the are rated for 3,000lbs and I think I have that about maxed out with no problems.

I have them 3" of the wall because they are only 24" deep, that way long boxes are even with the front of shelves.

And my wife complains everyday, I am wise enough to know now that if it was not funny books, she would complain about something else. So I have learned to tone her out.....shhhhh don't tell her.

My comics are at my office right now as we are living in an apartment temporarily.

How long is a short box, a magazine box, a CGC box, & a long box?

I am trying to design a new comic book room.

Shelves were purchased at Lowes for $60 a piece, the are rated for 3,000lbs and I think I have that about maxed out with no problems.

I have them 3" of the wall because they are only 24" deep, that way long boxes are even with the front of shelves.

And my wife complains everyday, I am wise enough to know now that if it was not funny books, she would complain about something else. So I have learned to tone her out.....shhhhh don't tell her.

lol

Gary -

is that a custom box for those Puppet Master figs? Also, any chance of some bigger pictures? Great room from what I can see sir!

yeah I made the box from an old trunk.

You can view the gallery here at flickr:

When you are looking at each picture, select the ACTION button and you can view larger sizes (in case you didn't know)