• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I posted some pics of some of my somewhat extensive comic and toy collection in this thread about two years ago -- Here, for anyone who missed it the first time. I said then that I would be working on getting my porcelain pieces out on display -- finally, I've got my comic room almost finished!

First, some more toys. The top two shelves of this display cabinet are the Famous Covers figures put out by Toy Biz years back -- really cool pieces with cloth costumes (and some of the figures, like Iron Man and Wolverine, have removable masks as well!). Mixed in are a handful of Megos, the Flash and GL rings, and some other assorted pieces (a cool favorite, is the Barbie-style Jessica Rabbit doll).

DisneyandUpstairs104_zps4dcbfe3c.jpg

Above that case and on the side wall are some of my sports McFarlane pieces. I have close to 200 pieces total, but there's no way to display them all, so I had to go with what I could fit.

DisneyandUpstairs105_zps89e27f15.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs107_zps5c7018d1.jpg

I collected Bowen (and other similar style) statues pretty heavily for a while -- more recently, I started picking up some Sideshow pieces, which are just incredible.

DisneyandUpstairs108_zps3cdb52f7.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs119_zps7b3e87ce.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs109_zps44d88e67.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs110_zps871f8439.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs112_zps5fc562b8.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs120_zps194e075d.jpg

Below, off of the main comic room that was shown off in the above linked post, I built a library with a bench seat for reading trades and the like. Above the seat is the Captain America shield (originally offered by Factory X), an awesome Captain America art piece that I had custom framed, and two prints from the defunct Warner Brothers store -- a Women of Batman Animated one and a gorgeous Alex Ross Justice Society print.

DisneyandUpstairs114_zps5e8841cb.jpg

Opposite the seat are a pair of bookcases with trades, Essentials, Archives, and the like, along with a handful of collector's plates (again, Warner Brothers Store acquisitions). The best part of this is the right bookcase, which in classic comic book fashion, is a fake bookcase/hidden door that opens into the home theater (the last leg of the remodel left to do!).

DisneyandUpstairs116_zps283b0aad.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs118_zps624b9a64.jpg

I posted some pics of some of my somewhat extensive comic and toy collection in this thread about two years ago -- Here, for anyone who missed it the first time. I said then that I would be working on getting my porcelain pieces out on display -- finally, I've got my comic room almost finished!

Now this is terrific. Any chance of incorporating one of those repro Shakespeare busts (and switching) to open the secret door in order that it that further echoes the old Batman TV show?

Great room.

Now this is terrific. Any chance of incorporating one of those repro Shakespeare busts (and switching) to open the secret door in order that it that further echoes the old Batman TV show?

Great room.

Completely agree.

(worship)

Thanks again, guys. :blush:

To answer an earlier question, we have a cat and three dogs, but no kids. The rooms are upstairs where the pets aren't allowed unless we're with them, and everything is behind closed doors.

I'd love to hook up some type of Shakespeare bust/hidden switch for the hidden door -- I know they sell that type of apparatus, but I think they're pretty expensive. I think I'd rather spend that coin on books and the like, but who knows -- the coolness factor might have to come into play there. hm

I've been taking a break from comic collecting but I saw this at Comic con and couldn't pass it up. Apparently the artist is the official artist for Elvis and Mohamed Ali. There is 125 of these painted for each character. So far he's done Superman, Batman and Spider-Man.

E6B9473C-B7C0-4B1C-91F2-AC6458F515DB-8415-00000735ABFCCBF7.jpg

What's his name? That's pretty dang sweet!

I've been taking a break from comic collecting but I saw this at Comic con and couldn't pass it up. Apparently the artist is the official artist for Elvis and Mohamed Ali. There is 125 of these painted for each character. So far he's done Superman, Batman and Spider-Man.

E6B9473C-B7C0-4B1C-91F2-AC6458F515DB-8415-00000735ABFCCBF7.jpg

What's his name? That's pretty dang sweet!

His name is Joe Petruccio (that's him in the blue next to the spidey painting)

These were the other ones at the show.

DCD88F90-31FE-4889-83D5-4C569F1A5C1E-8687-0000076D4142038D.jpg

C9A18DB8-7AA3-49BD-BFD3-D3C3C9C3F375-8687-0000076D1C76969A.jpg

Those two would look great side by side with maybe a statue of each character underneath (if you have a whole comic room I mean).

Either way you can't go wrong with it, Batman is my favorite of those two, but that superman is awesome!

Those paintings are pretty cool and all but they seem very heavily "influenced" off of other people's work...For example, that Spidey painting is a dead ringer for the cover to ASM Annual 2001 (just a change in arm positioning)

http://marvel.wikia.com/Amazing_Spider-Man_Annual_Vol_1_2001

It is also a pretty popular Spidey themed desktop wall paper (I have it myself). The comic (and wall paper) even have the reflection effect as does this painting.

...I think the Superman is "influenced" from Alex Ross?