• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Tekken :cloud9:

IMG_0743_zps322c7b8d.jpg

The machine isn't really Tekken. Its a MAME machine that I built which has multiple games on it. I'm more of a Street Fighter/Capcom person. The picture isn't clear, but that's Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the screen.

I only used a Tekken marquee because the person who sold me the empty cabinet, gave me it for free.

lets run some a3 matches :) one of my favorite games of all time.

I have a friend who has one of these that works but also has a few hidden extras.

He installed a hidden safe in the rear with a hydraulic lift.

The Deviljin tattoo I have on my arm says I would destroy anyone who plays me in tekken.

Yes I take tekken very seriously. :gossip:

My friend Damian has Jin's tattoo on his arm. Serious Tekken heads in ATL

Nice :headbang:

When i was younger I used to travel the country and play in TTT tournaments.

IMG_0743_zps322c7b8d.jpg

The machine isn't really Tekken. Its a MAME machine that I built which has multiple games on it. I'm more of a Street Fighter/Capcom person. The picture isn't clear, but that's Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the screen.

I only used a Tekken marquee because the person who sold me the empty cabinet, gave me it for free.

I have a friend who has one of these that works but also has a few hidden extras.

The Deviljin tattoo I have on my arm says I would destroy anyone who plays me in tekken.

Yea im decent at Tekken, before i got married and had kids i played with Anakin and the all the ATL peeps. I went to Evo and NEC a few times.

Wow, I didn't think Tekken had such a following. That machine I have is loaded with mostly Street Fighter games. I'm definitely a bigger Street Fighter fan and was addicted to playing SFIV and Street Fighter X Tekken. I'm not amazing, but definitely not that bad.

IMG_0743_zps322c7b8d.jpg

Yea im decent at Tekken, before i got married and had kids i played with Anakin and the all the ATL peeps. I went to Evo and NEC a few times.

You can see me at the end of this mad old school TTT huge NEC tournamnet from back cira 1999-2000.

Teky and a bunch of the other NYC/NJ/Philly guys were friends of mine.

Try to pick me out. lol Damn I was 19 back then (now 32).

ATL back when I played on the east coast were just okay till JOP came on the scene.

ATl now is really good with Anakin and a couple other guys.

Really happy to see another boardie who I can relate to with Tekken. :applause:

San Diego as I think you probably know has a SDTekken group. When I first moved here back in 2006 I went to play them. I played who I was told was one of the best players in the nation at Tekken 5 BR. I knew I was going to lose since no joke it was literately my 2nd time playing tekken 5, but I love how the 2nd round went when I used old school TTT tricks.

Like you said with us getting older I just can't put in the time to become what I once was.

However I played some of them that wanted to play me in TTT and it was a much different story. :whistle:

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Wow, I didn't think Tekken had such a following. That machine I have is loaded with mostly Street Fighter games. I'm definitely a bigger Street Fighter fan and was addicted to playing SFIV and Street Fighter X Tekken. I'm not amazing, but definitely not that bad.

tue dat i was madly addicted to mvc2. went to b4 and b5( before evo). all about street fighter and the mvc series

I will be showing off the room/comics when I am done hopefully soon. These are some things going in it. Here is a arcade cabinet that took me 6 months to build, styled after a real Japanese Vewlix. I just wired some buttons to test, and did some art and custom lighting on it. I also placed a 32 inch Panasonic tv in it, PS3 and 360 for games and blu rays. I posted some of my AFA graded 25th Joes as well ( =

Cobra B.A.T U90

Cobra Commander 85

Cobra Commander Blue Suit SDCC Exclusive U9.5 Only 31 on census graded a U9.5

Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver 85

Destro 9.25

Flint 90

Major Bludd U90

Snake Eyes 9.25

Storm Shadow 90

3580xf7.jpg

27ycrjs.jpg

2czorvd.jpg

20law9.jpg

33w4lkx.jpg

2e3ok8k.jpg

23iwbv5.jpg

143bmh.jpg

2yued8n.jpg

2vjwmet.jpg

sz7qjc.jpg

nywpye.jpg

9rr21v.jpg

29cxabl.jpg

280njb5.jpg

Edited by Cobra83

Awesome Gi Joe collection.

Thank you bud. I have about 110 more carded ones in a closet safely stored waiting to grade along with a bunch of Cobra Rattlers and other things as well. There is only 31 U9.5 SDCC Blue Suit Cobra Commanders out there and I am happy to own one of them!

I love the card art on it! :acclaim:

Also Im in NH so pretty close to you. Its always nice to see other people @ the area!

Edited by Cobra83

Awesome Gi Joe collection.

Thank you bud. I have about 110 more carded ones in a closet safely stored waiting to grade along with a bunch of Cobra Rattlers and other things as well. There is only 31 U9.5 SDCC Blue Suit Cobra Commanders out there and I am happy to own one of them!

I love the card art on it! :acclaim:

Also Im in NH so pretty close to you. Its always nice to see other people @ the area!

Great collection (thumbs u

I have wanted a SDCC PDD Pimp Daddy Destro for a while and planned on looking for one. I was totally cool with trying to get an AFA 9.0 or above (Gold Level)...

Graded a 9.5!!!!! 9 on the census report. It also already has the archival case to help block out UV rays. :banana:

I should have a proper display of my room once I get a chance to do it up... (=

2uf86c2.jpg

vg7v4z.jpg

34rc9l1.jpg

Edited by Cobra83

Cobra83 you have a store that sells graded toys in your area?Where in NH are you?That destro is pretty bad azz.

Yeah the PDD Destro is an awesome figure imo. The gold foil packaging etc is just straight up dope! Im pretty pumped about it. I thought I would share some of these with everyone especially since many of you must know about them from places like SDCC etc. Im in the southern part of the state.

***Also, no store I know of that sells them graded around here. I usually submit my own to AFA and it seems in all honesty that they are harsher when it comes to grading toys....A lot of comics you can pick right up and know its a 9.8, these though....they judge how the figure is positioned in the bubble hes enclosed in. Thats something you cant help by "pressing" etc***

Edited by Cobra83

I don't really have a comic room but I do have a corner in my bedroom that the wife gave the ok for the Comics is not much but its my little space

Your wife "gave" you a little "corner" of "space" in the house? meh

Better get your nuts out of her purse brother.My whole bedroom is my comic room,whether she likes it or not.