• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Can you put it on? That Iron Man is Awesome!!

Thanks, it's not wearable. It's solid life size bust on a very solid base. It would be amazing if it would fit and be wearable :headbang:

:baiting: what's the idea?

Fly to Canada.

Distract you with spidey related stuff.

Archive your Hulk 181 and Iron Fist 14 in my suitcase.

Fly back to my paradise home.

Display the living mess out of your Hulk 181 and Iron Fist 14 in CGC frames. Above my bed. If you know what I mean.

:acclaim:

Fly to Canada.

Display the living mess out of your Hulk 181 and Iron Fist 14 in CGC frames. Above my bed. If you know what I mean.

:o

Oh no...This will not end well...

Fly to Canada.

:o

Oh no...This will not end well...

Heheh.

Nah.. in all seriousness... my idea is something like this. Please excuse my shocking photoshop work... I'm alt+tab-ing it at work and shooting for speed.

j6O9SqT.png

CGC "frame hack" or from a specific retailer?

When I lived in an apartment, I used the RIBBA picture rail/ledge to display some of my books - Those worked pretty good as I think has been mentioned.

Also, Mark 1, that is the baddest Iron Man bust I have ever seen...

When I lived in an apartment, I used the RIBBA picture rail/ledge to display some of my books - Those worked pretty good as I think has been mentioned.

That bust is unbelievable. Sideshow hit that out of the park.. I don't like their bats bust, sadly.

Tyler, do you have any pics of your picture ledges with books on them? I'm excited about the end result.

That photoshop hack was just a steal of a gweedo 4-slab frame.. but i had been thinking either four individual frames placed closely together... or perhaps I could get my A into gear and make one.

That bust is unbelievable. Sideshow hit that out of the park.. I don't like their bats bust, sadly.

Tyler, do you have any pics of your picture ledges with books on them? I'm excited about the end result.

That photoshop hack was just a steal of a gweedo 4-slab frame.. but i had been thinking either four individual frames placed closely together... or perhaps I could get my A into gear and make one.

I wish I could get some Sideshow stuff... :sorry:

No, I don't have any pics of the picture rail...I had those set up in my apt, before my house, about 6-7 years ago...Currently pondering my new layout too...Anyway, I didn't have any slabs then and while they did the job, I found it didn't quite 'look right' with raw books on the ledge/rail...But at the time was the best I had...They would probably work better for slabs...

I think I may have a picture ledge still kicking around in our storage area somewhere...

I'll see what I can dig up.

No, I don't have any pics of the picture rail...I had those set up in my apt, before my house, about 6-7 years ago...Currently pondering my new layout too...Anyway, I didn't have any slabs then and while they did the job, I found it didn't quite 'look right' with raw books on the ledge/rail...But at the time was the best I had...They would probably work better for slabs...

I think I may have a picture ledge still kicking around in our storage area somewhere...

(worship)

I hope that it works a bit better for slabs than the raw then... otherwise I've sunk $100 that could've gone towards the first appearance of punisher on them. lol

I think I saw pics earlier in this thread with some like it, and liked it, but I couldn't find them again on a quick re-hunt

(worship)

I hope that it works a bit better for slabs than the raw then... otherwise I've sunk $100 that could've gone towards the first appearance of punisher on them. lol

I think I saw pics earlier in this thread with some like it, and liked it, but I couldn't find them again on a quick re-hunt

Dan,

I have ONE left.

Sorry for the bad pics...I set it up in a closet...Should give you an idea though of how they will look...I'm thinking...Not too bad, not bad at all...

140042.jpg.39e8feaed520b52c83a73f17cfda2cbb.jpg

140043.jpg.6f46809c406ff92d1d706ccb9fdc2a1a.jpg

(worship)

Dan,

I have ONE left.

Sorry for the bad pics...I set it up in a closet...Should give you an idea though of how they will look...I'm thinking...Not too bad, not bad at all...

:whee:

That is AWESOME. Stoked. Thanks for making that effort mate.

Now, to try and find an appropriate set of screws so I don't rip the plasterboard off teh wall when I load it up with slabs. hahahaha.

Also. Sexy books.

A new addition to my comic room.

This bust is bad to the bone!

46CD7E73-A311-4507-952B-5E0720771532-1443-000000A804543D10_zps43248856.jpg

C9A5676B-48A7-4F3B-AD92-0FD58BF4C84F-1443-000000A80A059C9E_zpsbbf62451.jpg

That's awesome! :cloud9:

Is that a display rack on the wall there? Does it allow you to swop out books for display?!

Thanks!

For the display rack on my wall, I bought closet racks and put them on a different angle so the lip is on the bottom and I can swap out comics on it.

I saw it done at a comic book store somewhere and it gave me a good idea to do it. I have it around the perimeter of my room at the top by the ceiling.

Thanks for the great idea, that rocks (thumbs u

Here's a peak inside my Archie room!

comicroom025.jpg

comicroom023.jpg

comicroom022.jpg

First FPJ ... a long overdue :applause:! As a major Archie collector of both comics and paraphernalia I just love seeing this!

I wish I had known about this thread before I started my GA Storage Thread Thread in the Gold Comics forum!

There are some awesome setups in here! :golfclap: all around!

Are those Danger Girl/GI Joe books the sketch versions that have been inked?

Yep :) I had Jeff Balke color them @ C2E2 2013. Additionally they are both triple signed by Jeff Balke, Philip Moy (inker on the series), and J. Scott Campbell :D

Before (stock images):

1239510_ful.jpg1249058_ful.jpg

After (pre-slab and not yet signed by Campbell):

2013-04-27_12-28-33_736.jpg2013-04-27_12-28-40_978.jpg

Are those Danger Girl/GI Joe books the sketch versions that have been inked?

Yep :) I had Jeff Balke color them @ C2E2 2013. Additionally they are both triple signed by Jeff Balke, Philip Moy (inker on the series), and J. Scott Campbell :D

Before (stock images):

1239510_ful.jpg1249058_ful.jpg

After (pre-slab and not yet signed by Campbell):

2013-04-27_12-28-33_736.jpg2013-04-27_12-28-40_978.jpg

Those are freaking sweat man! They look better than inked versions printed by IDW... very nice haul man! :applause:

Never sell those without looking me up first!

Those are freaking sweat man! They look better than inked versions printed by IDW... very nice haul man! :applause:

Thx however all credit goes to Jeff Balke for his hardwork :D Also while G.I. Joe is your main focus and not something you'd ever part with, Danger Girl is my main focus :headbang:

Thx however all credit goes to Jeff Balke for his hardwork :D Also while G.I. Joe is your main focus and not something you'd ever part with, Danger Girl is my main focus :headbang:

(thumbs u Understood completely brother!