• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Wow, your comics room is amazing. Where did you get the display you use for your mini busts? It is perfect.

Thanks for the kinds words all of you :)

The display is simply a CD display that I brought several years ago at Wallmart. Don't know if they still sell it.

Painted the wall in my room, got my professionally framed art piece hung as well as one of my other pieces up.

Photo 1: Wonder Woman prelim by JG Jones

image_zpsa86e6cb9.jpg

Photo 2: OA Oliver Coipel House of M #4 Introduction ofLayla Miller

image_zps8f5efa65.jpg

I've been doing some work on "Dan Land" - which is my comics, gaming and footy-watching room.

Okay - so let me preface this by saying that this is very much just a progress shot. But I have the comic storage pretty much sorted now... some tweaks yet to occur.

I put up some RIBBA picture ledges from IKEA. I've got a few more sitting in the cupboard but I am not sure if I'll stick more up.. as this looks quite clean as a display.

Apologies for the bad shot - it's cut off and doesn't show the full length, but gives you an idea.

qFYgaYs.jpg

The rest of my comic storage is done in the room's built-in wardrobe - with normal book display for trades, floppies in short boxes sorted by title or collecting focus and then the rest of my slabbed comics in pull-out drawers that allow for easy flick-through.

y2mPIVC.jpg

I opened up the heavy curtain to take the pictures with natural light... but normally they are closed - leaving the room very dark - which is great for the longevity of the books on display. But if I do want to open them up, I have glass door access to a large under-cover entertainment area and the pool. It can be bloody nice to sit in there with the curtain open and read a book before slipping out for a dip!

I have many more plans for this room - and will take more pictures and update as it progresses, but it's coming along sweetly (in my biased opinion) so far.

Worth noting that I know the fan needs a dust... but I plan on replacing it with something very, very cool - so I haven't bothered.

I'll post more pictures as the room progresses...

I've been doing some work on "Dan Land" - which is my comics, gaming and footy-watching room.

Okay - so let me preface this by saying that this is very much just a progress shot. But I have the comic storage pretty much sorted now... some tweaks yet to occur.

I put up some RIBBA picture ledges from IKEA. I've got a few more sitting in the cupboard but I am not sure if I'll stick more up.. as this looks quite clean as a display.

Apologies for the bad shot - it's cut off and doesn't show the full length, but gives you an idea.

qFYgaYs.jpg

The rest of my comic storage is done in the room's built-in wardrobe - with normal book display for trades, floppies in short boxes sorted by title or collecting focus and then the rest of my slabbed comics in pull-out drawers that allow for easy flick-through.

y2mPIVC.jpg

I opened up the heavy curtain to take the pictures with natural light... but normally they are closed - leaving the room very dark - which is great for the longevity of the books on display. But if I do want to open them up, I have glass door access to a large under-cover entertainment area and the pool. It can be bloody nice to sit in there with the curtain open and read a book before slipping out for a dip!

I have many more plans for this room - and will take more pictures and update as it progresses, but it's coming along sweetly (in my biased opinion) so far.

Worth noting that I know the fan needs a dust... but I plan on replacing it with something very, very cool - so I haven't bothered.

I'll post more pictures as the room progresses...

Nice setup! A Batman fan and an Essendon fan. Lets be friends :foryou: