• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,314 posts in this topic

pictures from my room...

zzzzzjelfs.jpg

x12.jpg

Nice room!

I'm thinking about doing something similar and was wondering if you had a system in place or did you place your books up randomly? I mean how do you locate a particular comic or comic series?

Thanks,.

Sorry about the lighting and the mess. I'm in he middle of cleaning up the mess and converting this room into my Comic Man Cave. I don't know for sure but it's roughly 200 sqft with it's own climate controlled unit. I'm thinking about a large flat Screan with surround sound and a couch for starters. Then maybe some lazy boys and a new foose ball table.

e3aedfbc.jpg

6d5498ae.jpg

Here is where my question about the single slaved comics stacked on shelving comes to play. Right now I got my TBs atacked in somebut I have room to spare. So I'm thinking about stacking some comics here Iike whats shown in the above quoted picture.

a1b64072.jpg

You know, I have a finished room in my basement (called the man cave by my girlfriend) with a sectional couch, a 55" Mitsubishi DLP,a mini fridge, a Heineken mini keg cooler, a bookcase of vintage (NES, SNES and Sega) games with a 3 in one concsole to play them on, and my weights and I've only really thought about the idea of incorporating comics into the room and making it a display for some of my CGC comics. But after seeing this thread and the pictures here, I've made up my mind, I'm going to do it. Thanks to all. Maybe I'll post some pics of my own when it's finished.

You know, I have a finished room in my basement (called the man cave by my girlfriend) with a sectional couch, a 55" Mitsubishi DLP,a mini fridge, a Heineken mini keg cooler, a bookcase of vintage (NES, SNES and Sega) games with a 3 in one concsole to play them on, and my weights and I've only really thought about the idea of incorporating comics into the room and making it a display for some of my CGC comics. But after seeing this thread and the pictures here, I've made up my mind, I'm going to do it. Thanks to all. Maybe I'll post some pics of my own when it's finished.

You don't have weights, comic nerd! :baiting:

WiseGuyX..that room has mad madddd potential

Ya, I'm sorta kicking my self in the rear for not doing anything sooner but work got really crazy over the last couple years..which is good.

Anyhow, I've got some weights and a nice tread mil and the wife wants to add a bowflex gym. So it's going to be a comic/work out room. I'm going to run over to the comic shop next week and look into some Comic statue gear for the shelves. I really want a life size Spidy but first things first.

You know, I have a finished room in my basement (called the man cave by my girlfriend) with a sectional couch, a 55" Mitsubishi DLP,a mini fridge, a Heineken mini keg cooler, a bookcase of vintage (NES, SNES and Sega) games with a 3 in one console to play them on, and my weights and I've only really thought about the idea of incorporating comics into the room and making it a display for some of my CGC comics. But after seeing this thread and the pictures here, I've made up my mind, I'm going to do it. Thanks to all. Maybe I'll post some pics of my own when it's finished.

:makepoint: I'll make sure to specifically have the weights in the pictures once I do it. I'll bite: I was a very scrawny person (5'11" and only 120lbs) until last year when I found out that I have a fatty tumor smashing the nerves in my tailbone along with two herniated discs. My job is very physical and I was just tearing my body up from being too small and lifting too much in the wrong ways. The doctors forced me into exercise and weight training as part of my treatments. I've put on about 50lbs of muscle mass since August of last year. It's helping quite a bit, but I've still got a ways to go... :sumo:

You know, I have a finished room in my basement (called the man cave by my girlfriend) with a sectional couch, a 55" Mitsubishi DLP,a mini fridge, a Heineken mini keg cooler, a bookcase of vintage (NES, SNES and Sega) games with a 3 in one console to play them on, and my weights and I've only really thought about the idea of incorporating comics into the room and making it a display for some of my CGC comics. But after seeing this thread and the pictures here, I've made up my mind, I'm going to do it. Thanks to all. Maybe I'll post some pics of my own when it's finished.

:makepoint: I'll make sure to specifically have the weights in the pictures once I do it. I'll bite: I was a very scrawny person (5'11" and only 120lbs) until last year when I found out that I have a fatty tumor smashing the nerves in my tailbone along with two herniated discs. My job is very physical and I was just tearing my body up from being too small and lifting too much in the wrong ways. The doctors forced me into exercise and weight training as part of my treatments. I've put on about 50lbs of muscle mass since August of last year. It's helping quite a bit, but I've still got a ways to go... :sumo:

Sounds like a new job is in order. I mean it's cool that you're in better health but this could only buy you time before your job starts bothering you again.

Best of luck either way.

Sounds like a new job is in order. I mean it's cool that you're in better health but this could only buy you time before your job starts bothering you again.

Best of luck either way.

You're exactly right, but financial reason have quite limited my options in that area. It's never stopped bothering me, but it's become more of an up and down thing now rather than just always horrid. The doctor's have made it quite clear that the tumor will most likely never go away and can't be removed, so from here on we can only try to slow the destruction of the discs and cover up the pain with pain management shots (not fun!). Sorry, this whole thing has been a bit :signofftopic:

Best of luck either way.

You're exactly right, but financial reason have quite limited my options in that area. It's never stopped bothering me, but it's become more of an up and down thing now rather than just always horrid. The doctor's have made it quite clear that the tumor will most likely never go away and can't be removed, so from here on we can only try to slow the destruction of the discs and cover up the pain with pain management shots (not fun!). Sorry, this whole thing has been a bit :signofftopic:

Cough' CDL' Cough....Cough 'Oilfield' Cough...

Best of luck either way.

I'm a CNC Machine Operator. I make band saw, recip and hole saw blades. More specifically, the sharp teeth on them.

Best of luck either way.

I'm a CNC Machine Operator. I make band saw, recip and hole saw blades. More specifically, the sharp teeth on them.

Cough' CDL drivers here make 50-90k sitting on their butts most of the day' Cough.

Anyhow, sorry for the hijacking people...just trying to help.

Best of luck either way.

In the 90's I was 190 lbs studying the martial arts, working a full time very physical job and selling comic books at shows and swapmeet weekends so always lifting the boxes up and down stairs. In 2002 I was diagnosed with degenerative disc in my lower spine. I got a desk job. 2007 7 discs now have this above my tailbone. 3 of them compressed to where one squeezed out like a grape. My discs are dying and has created stenosis, chronic siatica, etc. I am a mess. I am now on disability and in more chronic pain than I would wish on anybody.

I now tell who ever I can to take care of their back as can get to a point you can't repair it.

wow, boostergold, just wow. I'm sorry for what happened to you, and you're doing the right thing by warning everyone. I'm nowhere near your level, but I've been doing the same thing because you're right. Once it has happened, it doesn't go away. You are a hero, sir, and I salute you.

-Ben