• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Hey One and All,

As promised, if this works, here is my 'Man Cave'...

Here’s an overview of my humble collection:

I have over 11,500 comics – and only one is slabbed. My collection includes such delights as X-Men 1 – 10, X-Men 94, and GS 1, ASM 50, ASM 129, Hulk 181, Daredevil 1, Marvel Premier 15, Iron Fist 14 and Dark Knight Returns original signed hardcover GN to name a few. I do have around 99% of my comics listed on excel, but the comics are filed randomly in the boxes – this, when I have time, will be corrected so I can actually find stuff.

There are 45 lithographs and posters, a highlight being a Battle of the Planets lithograph signed and remarked by Alex Ross – limited to 12

I have about 25 statues and 50 busts (all boxed) mainly Bowen Designs

There are action figures hidden one of the large boxes and some on shelving

I own three pieces of original art work, again not on display

My other ‘vice’ is collecting David Gemmell books and I have all his hardback books 1st printings, many signed. These are tucked away in another room.

My aim is to get a larger room, so I can display my ‘stuff’ (as my wife calls my collection), but I am just happy with what I have – or rather that’s all the space she will let me have.

Cheers,

Oh, and I will try and donwload some samples of my comics :grin:

Nice looking collection, very sweet. Gemmell is wonderful, my fav. Fantasy writer.

Hey Humantorch,

I have to say, since Gemmell passed away, there has been a lack of quality out there - I have moved on to reading Simon Scarrow's Eagle series which is pretty cool.

And thank for your commets re: my Man Cave

I picked up some magazine boxes from the Office Depo and started working on putting comics on the shelves.

4fb80463.jpg

Looking good brother. :applause:

Thanks.

Those look both, cool and practical. (thumbs u

Thanks, I got the idea from Oakman29

Theicheaply cheap, well 6/15.00 and each box holds 35-40...I use Mylite 2's. So you can probably fit more using thinner bags. Anyhow, I'm thinking about generating some tags for each box once I get everything all ironed out.

Well I ran out of boxes but here is what I got so far...

af79cc94.jpg

I like this concept, unfortunately, as I keep saying I do not have the room and if (which seems likely) we may move soon, then I will need the boxes. But if I have more room in my next place then this idea may be pirated - hm

Waylander

Love the room Waylander.

Thank you, (thumbs u but just need some more space to display stuff :frustrated:

Looks like you have some pretty serious "stuff" and I see you get your boxes from Justin Ebbs. :cool:

I will have to be honest, I just put the order into Comicana Direct for boxes and they send them out boxes, so I have a mixture - I do like the Ebb ones they do seem more sturdy. And I have stuck to the shorter boxes to save my back :sumo:

Waylander

WOW!!!! :o

Sure, it looks impressive, but it's 50,000 copies of X Force 1 :gossip:

uh..Yes :blush: thats almost my collection ;) 49,999 Near Mint copies of X-Force # 1 (all still sealed in the bag with the "rare" cable card).... and 1 other beater book

dsc58.jpg

Touché (worship)

uh..Yes :blush: thats almost my collection ;) 49,999 Near Mint copies of X-Force # 1 (all still sealed in the bag with the "rare" cable card).... and 1 other beater book

dsc58.jpg

Nice,

So how are they organized? I mean how do you locate a particular book or series?

dsc58.jpg

Nice,

So how are they organized? I mean how do you locate a particular book or series?

I would think that it would be pretty tough to find a book?

dsc58.jpg

Nice,

I would think that it would be pretty tough to find a book?

Visited a shop in MN this past summer with this set-up. However, their books don't have any boards. :eek:

Visited a shop in MN this past summer with this set-up. However, their books don't have any boards. :eek:

I'm in MN. What was the name of the shop and where was it?

Nostalgia Zone.

Did a google to try to remember the name and found their site. They actually have a pic of their set-up on the about page. Link

itty.jpg

I'm in MN. What was the name of the shop and where was it?

Nostalgia Zone.

Did a google to try to remember the name and found their site. They actually have a pic of their set-up on the about page. Link

itty.jpg

wow. that just seems like such a hard way to browse. maybe because I'm used to drawers and long boxes.