• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,299 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2017 at 8:06 PM, Spikenector said:

Well newbie here, always wanted to hear what others have to say about collecting this awesome hobby, didn't want to overload on the pics but what's ya all thoughts on my comic room?:bigsmile:

IMG_0365.JPG

Anytime I see a room with Uncle Scrooge displayed, I automatically have love!

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Anytime I see a room with Uncle Scrooge displayed, I automatically have love!

I love Uncle Scrooge, funnest and most interesting Disney character in my opinion! My favorite comic book read ever is the Life and Times of Scrooge Mcduck that ran from issues 285 thru 296, the storyline explains from how he earned his number #1 dime and to find what true riches really are, perfectly told and drawn by the great Dona Rosa. These books took me forever to find also, I remember reading a comic shop news letter stating how hot these books were, never found a full set at any cons or shops, tracking down the single issues took me close to 20 years, 1996 to 2015 but so worth it:cloud9:

Edited by Spikenector

7 minutes ago, Spikenector said:

I love Uncle Scrooge, funnest and most interesting Disney character in my opinion! My favorite comic book read ever is the Life and Times of Scrooge Mcduck that ran from issues 285 thru 296, the storyline explains from how he earned his number #1 dime and to find what true riches perfectly told and drawn by the great Dona Rosa. These books took me forever to find also, I remember reading a comic shop news letter stating how hot these books were, never found a full set any any cons or shops, tracking down the single issues took me close to 20 years, 1996 to 2015 but so worth it:cloud9:

Agreed.  I consider Uncle Scrooge more interesting than most super hero books and a joy to actually read.  Rosa's Life and Times is wonderful.  Now if we could only cross Venom into Scrooge's books as a kick arse villian .......

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

@Spikenector: I'm not sure I could ever have friends over for fear of them ruining or taking something valuable with them.  :p

The answer to this would would be what caliber of friends you choose to have. Just saying...(shrug)

8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

@Spikenector: I'm not sure I could ever have friends over for fear of them ruining or taking something valuable with them.  :p

All my friends have walked thru the comic room and think it's some kind of museum haha, always asking if they can be in my will:angel:

4 hours ago, Jayman said:

The answer to this would would be what caliber of friends you choose to have. Just saying...(shrug)

Haha.  I tease, my friends would never take my stuff.  They'd be more interested in my wine and booze than my books.

4 hours ago, Spikenector said:

All my friends have walked thru the comic room and think it's some kind of museum haha, always asking if they can be in my will:angel:

That reminds me...can I be in your will?  lol

17 hours ago, Spikenector said:

I love Uncle Scrooge, funnest and most interesting Disney character in my opinion! My favorite comic book read ever is the Life and Times of Scrooge Mcduck that ran from issues 285 thru 296, the storyline explains from how he earned his number #1 dime and to find what true riches really are, perfectly told and drawn by the great Dona Rosa. These books took me forever to find also, I remember reading a comic shop news letter stating how hot these books were, never found a full set at any cons or shops, tracking down the single issues took me close to 20 years, 1996 to 2015 but so worth it:cloud9:

17 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Agreed.  I consider Uncle Scrooge more interesting than most super hero books and a joy to actually read.  Rosa's Life and Times is wonderful.  Now if we could only cross Venom into Scrooge's books as a kick arse villian .......

He's the focus of my collection. I am about 60 books away from having every American appearance, and most are cheaper as I have multiple first appearances and #1s. I see Mr Rosa every year at Heroes, get a FREE sketch, and chat a while. As far as the LAT set, I must be lucky as I probably have 3 sets, one with every issue signed by him, plus all the various trades/artists editions signed/sketched as well.