• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector Society 3.0 Feedback

54 posts in this topic

Earlier this week, I was entering a couple of recent purchases, Uncanny X-Men 346 and 358 in the Uncanny X-men 1-450 set. When I hit save I got the following error message for the 358. "This comic is not valid for this slot. Please check the slot's list of eligible comic books". Both books are from the same invoice, The serial #'s are 0775004011 and 0775004012. I sent an email via the "request support" function but have not heard anything yet.

When you click on the issue number, do you see any points show up for it in the various categories? If not, then the issue has not been "slotted". When I reviewed it, issue #358 does not look slotted. What will happen is that the book automatically gets into the admin queue, where it is reviewed and fixed. This used to be a manual process that took a bit of time but now they address it in about one or two business days (from my experience). There's no need to notify them as this is automated. This is the normal process for issues that have not been configured for use with the registry.

Now...try adding #346 as it is slotted (I checked)...if it doesn't add...refer to my previous issue list, because it is probably an issue with the upgrade as many registry owners have not been able to add books to the registry since the upgrade.

This appears not to be an issue related to the upgrade...this is the normal process for issues that have not been configured for use with the registry.

When you click on the issue number, do you see any points show up for it in the various categories? If not, then the issue has not been "slotted". When I reviewed it, issue #358 does not look slotted. What will happen is that the book automatically gets into the admin queue, where it is reviewed and fixed. This used to be a manual process that took a bit of time but now they address it in about one or two business days (from my experience). There's no need to notify them as this is automated.

What would be nice is a better message from the system to inform the registry owner what is happening, as it is not all too apparent.

That would explain it. Thanks, Sterling thumbsup2.gif

Latest Issues. The major issues which impact registry addition/changes have been fixed. I have attempted to verify the above mentioned problems and anything listed here is still a problem as of 3/20:

[*]When you click on "Edit Comic Details" it doesn't open up a separate window like it does when you click on a cert number. The end result is when you click Close Window after saving details the whole site disappears. I'm sure this isn't intended so I'm asking that the "Edit Comic Details" opens a separate window.

[*]The Value Tier isn't showing up on the online submission service selection.

[*]When printing the registry set, it only prints out the first page. The web page, as it now stands, cannot be printed for offline reference. To reproduce, simply edit a lengthy registry set and Ctrl-P for Print...select a printer or PDF driver and view the results. I would recommend coding a specific "Printer view" of your registry set...or even a way to print a want list based off missing issues or issues meeting certain criteria. A way to print out your registry set with pictures, descriptions in a gallery format would be a great idea and would allow others to put together albums of their collection--a terrific motivator for getting books into the registry.

[*]A Want List item--what if you purchased a book from someone in the Registry Set? I'd like to be able to "transfer" a book to another person in the registry...with all pics/descriptions intact.

Thanks for the progress, CS team!

Latest Issues. All presented problems have been fixed except for the printing problem. I have attempted to verify the above mentioned problems and anything listed here is still a problem as of 3/27:

[*] When printing the registry set, it only prints out the first page. The web page, as it now stands, cannot be printed for offline reference. To reproduce, simply edit a lengthy registry set and Ctrl-P for Print...select a printer or PDF driver and view the results. I would recommend coding a specific "Printer view" of your registry set...or even a way to print a want list based off missing issues or issues meeting certain criteria. A way to print out your registry set with pictures, descriptions in a gallery format would be a great idea and would allow others to put together albums of their collection--a terrific motivator for getting books into the registry.

[*] A Want List item--what if you purchased a book from someone in the Registry Set? I'd like to be able to "transfer" a book to another person in the registry...with all pics/descriptions intact.

Date: 5/25/07

Task: Adding a book to a registry set

Problem: I get an error message "Set Name must be at least 2 characters". The set name meets that requirement. It fails to add the books to the set.

Date: 5/25/07

Task: Adding a book to a registry set

Problem: I get an error message "Set Name must be at least 2 characters". The set name meets that requirement. It fails to add the books to the set.

I'm getting the same message. It's my Cap set, and the set name hasn't changed, Not sure what the problem is.

I'm getting the same message. It's my Cap set, and the set name hasn't changed, Not sure what the problem is.

We had a similar problem when CS 3.0 came out. I sent Gemma a post to this thread...I'm sure it will be fixed sometime Tuesday after everyone gets in from their holiday.

These messages are definitely interesting.

hello all...

a quick fix, to get your additions or deletions to take, remove the spaces in the set name:

I had the same problem yesterday and I went to the set name and eliminated the spaces:

so, my set was called Bat 1 too, I made it look like : Bat1too, and it took, and kept the name Bat 1 too with the spaces, even though I had removed them...

that should work for you until they fix

gator

thank you for posting the quick fix detective27kid.--that worked for me --thanks again for the info.

hello all...

a quick fix, to get your additions or deletions to take, remove the spaces in the set name:

I had the same problem yesterday and I went to the set name and eliminated the spaces:

so, my set was called Bat 1 too, I made it look like : Bat1too, and it took, and kept the name Bat 1 too with the spaces, even though I had removed them...

that should work for you until they fix

gator

thumbsup2.gif Thanx