• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

So you wanted to see some more comics?

OK, follow me...

Down these stairs...

Watch your step!

It's dark down here so try to keep up with me or you'll get lost.

Let's see...I know its one of these rooms.

There, this is it.

Help me slide this bookcase over.

sign-funnypost.gif The man has the greatest previously unknown GA collection in the Universe, and a great sense of humor too........ thumbsup2.gif

Bang:

On the top shelf, are those decoupage boxes made from the covers of All-Stars? I'm trying to figure out if we're just seeing half of the books or if it's something else...

Nice workmanship on the cabinet too.

D a m n that's cool!

Thanks again for sharing.

I think those are the comics Gary. It just looks like the window aperture on the top shelf is too small to display the entire cover.

No, No. Gary is right. Those ARE decoupage boxes I made out of the covers.

It won't hurt the value of the comics, will it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Guess I need to get a stronger pair of glasses!! The Supey 1 was blinding me!

What is a decoupage box by the way?? blush.gif

hello all...

a decoupage box is just a basic box (any kind, shoe box, etc) that you have cut out pictures and glued/taped on...my kids had to make one for school smile.gif

rick

BZ...

So, back to the annual meeting at BZ's house....after you get to know a few of us "comic geeks", I say we really try to make this happen! please smile.gif

rick

I can't decide if this thread makes me want to collect more GA comics...

or just give up and quit altogether. I have all my 40 or so low grade beaters carefully stored in double-bagged mylars, acid free boxes, dehumidified room. And here you are with a lottery winning-sized collection, books in stacks, and unbagged even!

BZ- I'm curious how you acquired all these- were many off the newstand? I know a bunch were bought as a collection, but were all of them?

Edited by mattbird

or just give up and quit altogether. I have all my 40 or so low grade beaters carefully stored in double-bagged mylars, acid free boxes, dehumidified room. And here you are with a lottery winning-sized collection, books in stacks, and unbagged even!

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I'll never be satisfied with my piddly little collection, since this is the type of collection I've always daydreamed about having but never had the foreskin to aquire and hold.My collection looks like a small pile of poo now. Another obsession has run it's course. I think I'll start grafting rhodies.Can you imagine what my Black Hand will do the delicate plant tissue? BwaaHaahaahaa!

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I'll never be satisfied with my piddly little collection, since this is the type of collection I've always daydreamed about having but never had the foreskin to aquire and hold.My collection looks like a small pile of poo now. Another obsession has run it's course. I think I'll start grafting rhodies.Can you imagine what my Black Hand will do to the delicate plant tissue? BwaHaaHaa!

And roses.

I'm in awe of bangzoom's collection. I was buying comics around 1972 when I was a kid. I wish that I had kept at it. I had an Action #15 in VG back. I don't remember what I paid for it but it couldn't have been more than $20 or so because I didn't have much money. I traded it years later but looking back, it makes me wish that I had continued collecting. The books were cheap back then.

I can't NOT add my two cents, BZ... what a great shot. I just love seeing GA books in large groupings like that. So impressive ... something that most of us will never be able to achieve now, with the prices what they are!! your comic room must smell like heaven.

Any thoughts on changing that carpet? poke2.gif Maybe I could do that for you... laugh.gif

Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time! Hope to hear more of the story part of it.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

BZ I too am in just complete awe of your collection. I know this has been said before but mylars and backing boards should be a must because at least you could handle them more often without fear of damaging them and it might help eliminate some of the spine rolls we see on your books. Looking forward to seeing some more classic Timely's, perhaps a Sub-Mariner #32, Captain America Comics #74. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Okay guys... be reasonable. Who the hell is going to invite strangers over to view a multi million dollar collection? As the owner I'd be afraid of people casing the joint. I'd have to know them pretty well and even then I'd have to think about it.

Hi Bangzoom

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing these incredible books.

I realize it's a pain, and an imposition, but would you mind scanning the Superman #1, Batman #1, and Detective Comics #27 ?

I would love seeing your original owner copies of those 3 books close up. flowerred.gif

Okay guys... be reasonable. Who the hell is going to invite strangers over to view a multi million dollar collection? As the owner I'd be afraid of people casing the joint. I'd have to know them pretty well and even then I'd have to think about it.

hello all...

I did say once he got to "know" us....just over a month ago, a bunch of us met over at ciorac's house, and there were millions of dollars of comics in one room, all being shared for each others enjoyment...so, there is a precedent...admittedly, this group of folks have been "brothers" for a long time...but, it is possible smile.gif!

rick

Too late, I've been invited!

Not! Actually, he just wanted to know if I would mow his lawn.. frown.gifblush.gifcrazy.gif

He mentioned something about cooler temperatures somewhere before I could see his comics. Maybe next winter! thumbsup2.gif