• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I was curious, your collection is quite larger than approx. 1000 books from the collection you bought in '73. Are all of those DC superhero books and keys from that same collection or are we seeing a lifetime of collecting? If so when did you start collecting and what age were you? If you don't mind sharing. I enjoy the process of this hobby as much as the art and aquisition, in fact the challange is probably what has kept me collecting on and off for 25+ yrs. I have a million more questions, but I will defer to later and give you a minute to decide if you want to answer all of my prying questions.

Thanks

Paul

I think all the books shown thus far are from the 73 deal. Naturally I have many more books from other purchases. I acquired my very first Golden Age in 1962 (maybe early '63) from a classmate who brought them back home from visit to a relative. They were Superman 9, World's Finest 2, and Batman 23.

What are you guys doing up so late? There must be funny books to look at.......oh, well I guess there are. I'm with Mr. Schomburg on the Timely thing. BRING 'EM ON! Please. Pretty please.

Thanks, BangZ....as to Mr. Bedrock...Its only 11:46 here on the West Coast, I am assuming either Bang is on the West side or has insomnia. I myself am just about finished for tonight, and by the way Mr. B, fantastic books you have been posting.

Thanks, BangZ....as to Mr. Bedrock...Its only 11:46 here on the West Coast, I am assuming either Bang is on the West side or has insomnia. I myself am just about finished for tonight, and by the way Mr. B, fantastic books you have been posting.

It's about time for sleeping.gif

Happy Nightmares Everyone.

Thank you. This whole board deal is just a heck of alot of fun. That Famous Crimes you put on the Fox thread is awesome. And checking out Bangzoom's collection is about the best darn thing ever.

I'm on the east coast and can't stay up for when these pictures get posted, so the first thing I do in the morning is run to the computer like a little kid on Christmas Day and check out what Santa Bang has left overnight. grin.gif Keep 'em coming!

Table.jpg

I love all those Detective Comics!!! Makes me wish I can get more!!

Great books!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not only the 'Tec's, but also a lot of really nice early Fox books in this bunch here. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Can't wait for the Timelys as we have not seen any of these yet. Keep them coming, Bang. thumbsup2.gif

I'm guessing the average grade is going to be F to VF but with so many books all of which appear to look very nice, there are bound to be some NM- or better and probably among some of the keys as well.

The group pics are fantastic but a couple scans like there were earlier would be great too.

Bangzoom,

Do you have a complete run of New Adventures? In particular, I am wondering whether you have a #13, #26, and/or #27. Those seem to be the toughest to find according to those in the know.

Take a look under the table...I'm pretty sure that's the lost arc of the covenant.

I thought Indiana Jones found that? confused-smiley-013.gif

He did, back in the 1940s. But then Bangzoom bought it from him in 1965 for ten bucks.