• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

National1GA.jpg

now, admittedly, i have not read every thread in the GA forum, but this is the first time i have ever seen anyone post their copy of one of my grailest of grail books.

and what a copy it is.

cloud9.gif

Wow - I have been away from boards for 2 weeks and came back to see this thread. The only thing I can say about those group and room shots is that it looks like the scene from the end of "National Treasure" where they light the torches in the hidden room and you can see the hoarded treasures of past civilizations spread out as far as the eye can see. Thank you so much for sharing this.

One other question that wasn't asked, if you have the time - do you have many multiples or is it all single copies?

And dang it, any way to see the top edge as well to any of these or at least future scans.

BZ a good way to get all four corners and edges is to place a larger piece of colored construction paper over the comic after you place it on the scanner bed. That way your scanner program will scan the entire scanner bed.

Then you can crop around the book leaving a half inch or so around the whole comic. On comics this nice I would urge you to do so as the edges are so important.

If you want some examples just pm me and I will supply you with plenty. thumbsup2.gif

I think that the comics are placed at the exact top edge of the scanner bed since there is excess space around all 3 of the other edges. Maybe if you just scoot the comics down an 1/8" or so it will catch the top edge.

Phenomenal collection BTW, BZ! hail.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I think that the comics are placed at the exact top edge of the scanner bed since there is excess space around all 3 of the other edges. Maybe if you just scoot the comics down an 1/8" or so it will catch the top edge.

Shhhhh, last time people complained about the scans, we got no scans for like a week.

Bangzoom, great scans! To hell with the top edge! Top edges are overrated! I applaud you for not showing the top edge! It is avant garde!

By the way, you should attend a CGC forum dinner some time. As you can see from the picture below, everyone has a great time.

forumdinner.jpg

Shhhhh, last time people complained about the scans, we got no scans for like a week.

Bangzoom, great scans! To hell with the top edge! Top edges are overrated! I applaud you for not showing the top edge! It is avant garde!

By the way, you should attend a CGC forum dinner some time. As you can see from the picture below, everyone has a great time.

forumdinner.jpg

We have this wonderful thread of golden age delights.....

and now it is marred by crotch shots

forumdinner.jpg

We have this wonderful thread of golden age delights.....

and now it is marred by crotch shots

ouch....turn away people, don't look!

now, admittedly, i have not read every thread in the GA forum, but this is the

first time i have ever seen anyone post their copy of one of my grailest of grail books.

and what a copy it is.

cloud9.gif

I agree with your sentiments. Like the other postings here, this is an unbelievable cover.

I have been staring at the National Comics #1 so long, it struck me that Uncle Sam should

be charged for child endangerment based on that scene. confused-smiley-013.gif

This is one of my earlier issues.

Overstreet describes it as the 1st comic of a single theme. DetectivePictureStories1GA.jpg

Thanks a lot, BZ: it is really awesome to see all these great books that are rarely posted! This thread is probably the best I have ever seen on the GA boards.

Btw., those irrelevant photos above are a real eyesore. I hope you guys might consider deleting them... I vote for showing bang-zoom and this great thread the respect they deserve.