• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Bz, How do I play the Slide show? I was camping with the fam, would love to see it.

Paul

I noticed that the Photobucket site wasn't working a little earlier this evening. Assuming things are operating now, just click on the green forward button in the middle of the slideshow screen or doubleclick on the play button at the bottom left.

sorry I missed the music (speakers were not on)...would still love to see some "group" shots of the big guns (supes, det, action, etc)...but, that is just me!

gator

I'll consider that. In the mean time here's a photo from the early days of the thread. ComicsCabinetGA.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

No no no no no. This will never do. I am sure we haven't seen the best of BZ's books yet and the thread has dropped from the front page.

I have no choice but to: bumpit.gif

and give yet some more thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif to someone who is fast becoming my favourite poster

cloud9.gif

C'mon BZ, stop holding out on us!

sorry I missed the music (speakers were not on)...would still love to see some "group" shots of the big guns (supes, det, action, etc)...but, that is just me!

gator

I'll consider that. In the mean time here's a photo from the early days of the thread. ComicsCabinetGA.jpg

My whole GA collection isn't even as high as one of those stacks. Let me bore you again BZ by saying "awesome collection" for the 100th time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let me bore you again BZ by saying "awesome collection" for the 100th time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks, guys.

I appreciate the kind words.

cheers.gif

Any other Whiz/Captain Marvel to drool over? shy.gif

ComicsCabinetGA.jpg

I'll bet you dollars to donughts that at some point in Bang's past, a relative or close friend said "what are you doing wasting your time and money collecting those things....they'll never be worth anything!"

Steve

Hey BZ how about some Timley superhero books from the brief Atlas period?

Unfortunately, through the years I've sold off an extensive collection of 1950's and 1960's era comic books to finance my interest in the earlier comics. tongue.gif

Oh well, I made my choice. confused-smiley-013.gif

I discovered you can't own everything, tho I've tried. crazy.gif

I'll bet you dollars to donughts that at some point in Bang's past, a relative or close friend said "what are you doing wasting your time and money collecting those things....they'll never be worth anything!"

Steve

I've actually received very little negative feedback. My father was a big supporter of my interests and became a collector himself. Plus, I always had lots of friends who were collectors. I've kept in touch with many of them for over 30 years.

I never focused on the unbelieving sort. I knew what made me happy and stuck to my guns. smile.gif

I kept my comics colletcion in my Aunt's house for years while I was in college and my 20s. And every holiday when all the cousins came over, theyd ask me that exact question! "Hey what are ya doooin wit al dem funnybooks?"

now they go the other way: "Hey, you still got all dem comix? Theyre worth millions, huh?"

go figure.

"Hey what are ya doooin wit al dem funnybooks?"

now they go the other way: "Hey, you still got all dem comix? Theyre worth millions, huh?"

I take it your cousins didn't go to college talking that way confused-smiley-013.gif

Bangzoom,

How about more Eisner, please?

Jumbo 6, 9, 17*

Fight 1, 2, 3*

Planet 2, 3, 5*, 6

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination Publishing