• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Diamond sold one last year, but it wasn't nearly as nice as BZ's.

Guys, Guys, Guys.

That robot belongs to my 4 year old daughter. My wife brought it home from a shopping trip a few months back and I'm rather certain it must be a repro, or I need to sit the Mrs down and explain to her, its Daddy that gets the expensive toys around here.

wink.gif

BZ's collection is starting to remind me of a line from an uncle scrooge story, loosely: the only reason these things are rare is because BZ has them all!

(the money pit by Rosa - btw, BZ, have you read the Rosa duck stories? I think you'd enjoy them)

BZ's collection is starting to remind me of a line from an uncle scrooge story, loosely: the only reason these things are rare is because BZ has them all!

(the money pit by Rosa - btw, BZ, have you read the Rosa duck stories? I think you'd enjoy them)

I've never even seen a Rosa duck story. I stopped actively collecting before he came on the scene.

Diamond sold one last year, but it wasn't nearly as nice as BZ's.

Guys, Guys, Guys.

That robot belongs to my 4 year old daughter. My wife brought it home from a shopping trip a few months back and I'm rather certain it must be a repro, or I need to sit the Mrs down and explain to her, its Daddy that gets the expensive toys around here.

wink.gif

So did you throw this curve ball on purpose? wink.gif Pretty cool little toy for 1949 vintage.

if you have a PO box or something (if I were you I wouldn't want people knowing my address) I can send you a few for free - I really think you'll enjoy them given that you're not averse of funny animal fare. Least I could do for all the great scans you've shared.

So did you throw this curve ball on purpose? wink.gif Pretty cool little toy for 1949 vintage.

No I didn't. A bunch of my daughter's toys are stored under the table and when I was looking for something to hold the book open, the robot looked like a nice touch. To me, it was just a cool toy with no historical reference. shocked.gif

No I didn't. A bunch of my daughter's toys are stored under the table and when I was looking for something to hold the book open, the robot looked like a nice touch. To me, it was just a cool toy with no historical reference. shocked.gif

Tease. grin.gif That's the nice reproduction that was made a couple of years ago. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it. The original is the Holy Grail of robot toys.

so now that we know it's not an original, and thus discussing value is no longer vulgar, how much would a nice one go for?

just out of curiousity

so now that we know it's not an original, and thus discussing value is no longer vulgar, how much would a nice one go for?

just out of curiousity

The one that I said that sold through Diamond went for a little over $500. confused-smiley-013.gif

We have no robots here, but I do have a pair of original Satellite Jumping Shoes. They give me a clear advantage when when I'm racing about at flea markets.

SatelliteShoes2GA.jpg

SatelliteShoes1GA.jpg

best post yet! (until I see that high grade unrestored tec 27 poke2.gif )

gator

just out of curiousity

$500-1000 loose (depending on who's bidding) maybe $2K with the box thumbsup2.gif

The original is the Holy Grail of robot toys.

I don't know about that. More like a Famous Funnies Carnival of Comics or something.

An important early robot, but nowhere near the popularity/price of one of the Gang of Five, Mr.Atomic, or Robot War Boat.

The original is the Holy Grail of robot toys.

I don't know about that. More like a Famous Funnies Carnival of Comics or something.

An important early robot, but nowhere near the popularity/price of one of the Gang of Five, Mr.Atomic, or Robot War Boat.

Not news to you, I'm sure, but I thought the others might enjoy this article on robot toys, with many of the grail pieces pictured:

http://www.toyzine.com/auctions/robot-toyauction-200511.htm

I'll take you, Rick. Imagine our collection if we were a couple! cloud9.gif

(Only my second use of a graemlin!)

Well, I gave it my best shot...but I couldn't get past the imagining you and Rick as a couple...your "love-child pedigree collection" never even made it onstage... 893whatthe.gif

Sorry about that Garth. Was it the coupling, or the birth that blew it for you?

foreheadslap.gif Cripes! You had to bring coupling into it too? I was still at the wedding vows...!! (searches desperately for vomiting graemlin...)

Rosa may have written the story you describe, but it was (as usual) Barks who first used that angle. In a story that I believe originally appeared in one of the first 25 or so issues of Uncle Scrooge, Scrooge decides to make a random 1916 quarter incredibly valuable by acquiring ALL the 1916 quarters that were made, and dumping them in the ocean... then he loses the single on that he'd set aside, and has to go down to an Atlantis-like world to retrieve another of the quarters...at the end, he takes the one salvaged quarter to a coin shop, and the dealer gasps and says "why, this coin is so rare and valuable, only one person in the world could afford to buy it - Scrooge McDuck!" laugh.gif