• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

L - FC 386?

I think it's from the Green Lantern.

Yeah, I think you are right. I only had vol. 1 in front of me and the L looked the same as the one on the FC, but the background color was different.

Green Lantern is riiiiight. You bet your life!!

I have a confession to make. I don't recall where the R comes from ... My clue is that I need to think Dr. Fu Manchu and that's an extremely tough one to find ...

Late to the party except for the clean-up.

Looks like Charlie Chan (Prize) 4.

Jack

BZ,

here's some fun for you. Can you tell us which comic book titles were used to spell your fantawhizzybulous name? (sorry for the stretch) -

41909-BangZoom.jpg

B = Blue Beetle

A = Silver Streak

N = Captain Video (a tip of the hat to sacentaur)

G = Lone Ranger

- = Terry Toons

Z = Amazing Mystery Funnies

O = Boy Commandos

O = Captain Aero

M = Movie Comics

Congrats BZ, on finishing your very own quiz. Sorry we are all out of gold trophies at the moment, but this consolation prize will have to do.

beedonut.gif

That's either a very small donut or a HUGE bee! Whatever you do, don't make it angry!

BZ,

here's some fun for you. Can you tell us which comic book titles were used to spell your fantawhizzybulous name? (sorry for the stretch) -

41909-BangZoom.jpg

B = Blue Beetle

A = Silver Streak

N = Captain Video (a tip of the hat to sacentaur)

G = Lone Ranger

- = Terry Toons

Z = Amazing Mystery Funnies

O = Boy Commandos

O = Captain Aero

M = Movie Comics

Congrats BZ, on finishing your very own quiz. Sorry we are all out of gold trophies at the moment, but this consolation prize will have to do.

beedonut.gif

That's either a very small donut or a HUGE bee! Whatever you do, don't make it angry!

Thanks. lol

I'm allergic to bee stings so I guess it better be a small donut. hm

beedonut.gif

Thanks. lol

I'm allergic to bee stings so I guess it better be a small donut. hm

Looks like a Froot Loop to me.

toucan_sam2.jpg

Jack

Do you have any Kelly originals, BZ? I don't think we've seen them yet.

Jack

Here it is.

pogo.jpg

Very nice BZ (worship) I used to have some Kelly comics. His work was certainly one of a kind!

Do you have any Kelly originals, BZ? I don't think we've seen them yet.

Jack

Here it is.

pogo.jpg

Nice! Miss Mam'selle Hepzibah and all!

Funny, I don't remember the baby possum. Does the year say 1957? I'll have to look for that sequence in the Simon and Schuster books.

Thanks.

Jack

How about a bedtime story for the kids.

pulps.jpg

(worship) Finally the pulps are coming out!!! I can't wait to see a group shot of that tall stack of Terror Tales !!! Oh, and Fangs of the Bat is such a classic cover.

Holy poop on a stick, that's AWESOME!

What do you do, sleep in a closet upstairs, with the rest of the house loaded with floor-to-ceiling stacks of comics, pulps, and memorabilia? Or do you live in the Biltmore mansion? It's got to be one or the other.