• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

46935-Rockwell-ComicsBlownUp.jpg

I've always wondered why Rockwell thought it was necessary to change the spelling of Crime to Rime?

That question has probably hung for years like an albatross around your neck!

Jack

Nor any drop to drink

46935-Rockwell-ComicsBlownUp.jpg

I've always wondered why Rockwell thought it was necessary to change the spelling of Crime to Rime?

That question has probably hung for years like an albatross around your neck!

Jack

Nor any drop to drink

lol Nice! My guess would be copyright/trademark infringement, since the WDC&S also has it's logo missing.

Jeff

?????

I think that you posted the right Crime book.

Is this the Gabby Hayes Western? (again, from GCD):

46939-11749_4_014.jpg

This was a very cool find, Scrooge. What an eye!

It looks like a Tim Holt and Famous Funnies there too, right?

Jack

I posted the Crime Does Not Pay 82 cover and then noticed the scroll bar.

"Please don't be a Lev Gleason. Please don't be a Lev Gleason, Please don't...Aw geez."

So then I posted an apology. Either way you look at it, I'm still a knuckle-head. So...Hooray?

Meanwhile....

Crime = Rime

Good call on the trademark/copyright all.(Ze-Man?) Thought it might have something to do with the editors not wanting the work crime associated with late night/back room barber shop shenanigans.

That's a a wonderfully drawn story, Scrooge.

Can you post scans of it?

Tonight (thumbs u

As for Tarzan by Foster, they were all reprinted in the NBM Tarzan volumes. Foster's work is in volumes 1 through 6 before the strip switched to Hogarth. I was able to pick up all 5 volumes I was missing from Foster's run at the Chicago Con this summer. Budget constraint and other items on my want list prevented me from picking up the Hogarth run. Some day ... Anyway, the scans above are from those volumes. They are oversized so it's tough to get good scans because the books awkwardly fit on my scanner. There were quite a few splendid Sundays near the end of the first volume, including those in the elephant cemetary sequence.