• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

Another guest quiz selection from the golden age. Does anyone recognize this cover?

2072817902_2e1ccdcca4_o.jpg

BB, thanks for posting the quiz. :applause:

It was a tough one to identify.

I recognized Charles Quinlan's artwork but I never even thought of Catman. (shrug)

Steve, congrats for figuring it out.

Thank you for the dancing fruits. :foryou: I like how Super Mouse is depicted on that cover. :applause:

Parker Penguin gave it away and I subliminally remembered it was a Nedor book and since they didn't publish many funny animal books ... I had the answer in 2 clicks. Call me weird again (shrug) I wonder if I scooped October or others on this one? It's pretty obscure. Maybe Nearmint would have nailed it in 2 seconds flat also?

I wonder.

I don't think Coo Coo gets much exposure over here in the Gold Comics Forum, so maybe they wouldn't recognize the characters.

Very true. I was bummed because I finally saw a quiz right before it was posted, but it was this one! lol I would've had the Catman #20 instantly, but sadly I still have a lot of Funny Animal schooling to do.

With a feature like "The Kuddly Kubs" how could Coo Coo Comics not have been a huge hit? (shrug)

Not enough anthropomorphic oysters.

Jack

still quivering from the Short Bus

No oysters maybe but some fine cartooning by Al Hubbard on Supermouse or Dodger, the Squoil for example ... and wait for the next post ... -

48444-CooCoo27-Supermouse1.jpg.9ffca672a133fbd98c8db26c5e6418af.jpg

48445-CooCoo27-Supermouse2.jpg.69e2d1483a0c1cba5a107dada2f62466.jpg

48446-CooCoo27-Squoil.jpg.f124ae51f94b4677f211b4a9e764c78a.jpg

YOW! The boards are poppin' with strange images today.

Great chemistry nonsense here, and I love the Squoil and Fritz funny animals.

Thanks,

Jack

And how about these crazy Flip and Flopper which give us a view into Helium Potassiate Bicarbonated :insane: