• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

There was a Terry and the Pirates Pop-Up book.

I don't own a copy but here's a photo I found on the Internet.

29655096-0-l.jpg

I want one of those too. Cool!

BZ,

You must have the Laughing Dragon and Adventures of Tracy in all of those near mint BLB.

The Laughing Dragon of Oz book is pictured below, center top row.

BLBs.jpg

(worship)

Spectacular shot BZ. Your collection amazes me daily. Those BLBs all look to be in minty condition! I dabbled in them for a while, but realized its not really worth buying them unless they are in nice shape... most of mine are VG at best. I hope to pick some more up in the future, but I'll be much more selective next time around.

RE: new books, I just saw the new Basil Wolverton book, reprinting all original art from Glenn Bray's collection, and its really great. All reproduced from original art, and very early rare sci-fi strips and humor illustrations I'd never seen before. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the great photos!

buck.jpg

Very cool! :applause: I always track those pop-up books when they show up on ebay, but have yet to pull the trigger. One of these days. :)

Speaking of Buck Rogers though, I did just pick up this from a dealer in Australia of all places. Second Buck Rogers story, first cover appearance:

AmazingStories1929-03fcsm.jpg

BZ,

You must have the Laughing Dragon and Adventures of Tracy in all of those near mint BLB.

The Laughing Dragon of Oz book is pictured below, center top row.

BLBs.jpg

(worship)

Spectacular shot BZ. Your collection amazes me daily. Those BLBs all look to be in minty condition! I dabbled in them for a while, but realized its not really worth buying them unless they are in nice shape... most of mine are VG at best. I hope to pick some more up in the future, but I'll be much more selective next time around.

RE: new books, I just saw the new Basil Wolverton book, reprinting all original art from Glenn Bray's collection, and its really great. All reproduced from original art, and very early rare sci-fi strips and humor illustrations I'd never seen before. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the great photos!

What's the name of the Wolverton book? is it out yet?

Thanks

Speaking of Buck Rogers though, I did just pick up this from a dealer in Australia of all places. Second Buck Rogers story, first cover appearance:

AmazingStories1929-03fcsm.jpg

VERY cool, Jeff.

Congrats on a great pick-up. :applause:

I love Paul's covers. :luhv:

I wish I owned an original by him. :(

VERY cool, Jeff.

Great issue Jeff!! Thats one issue I don't own.

BZ, I don't have any original Paul COVERS, but I'm always glad to show off the only original I do own of Paul's (from Famous Fantastic Mysteries, 1941). Sorry if you have seen this before...

Seems to be increased interest in Paul these days ... when his art does come up at auction, it always finishes way out of my league!

pauldetailPOST.jpg[/img]

paulartPOST.jpg[/img]

VERY cool, Jeff.

Great issue Jeff!! Thats one issue I don't own.

BZ, I don't have any original Paul COVERS, but I'm always glad to show off the only original I do own of Paul's (from Famous Fantastic Mysteries, 1941). Sorry if you have seen this before...

Seems to be increased interest in Paul these days ... when his art does come up at auction, it always finishes way out of my league!

pauldetailPOST.jpg[/img]

paulartPOST.jpg[/img]

Wow! That is cool! :applause:

The best thing about picking up these AS pulps is getting to see all the amazing interior work by Paul that I've never seen before.

Jeff

For me, it just doesn't get better than Paul.

While not the best artist, he was 100% original, and his work has such period appeal to it.

BZ, do you have any Paul gems lurking around? Maybe some obscure leaflet or something published by Gernsback? Some rare pulp covers by Paul?

:popcorn:

is there an origin story anywhere in this long thread about BangZoom and how he amassed his amazing collection?

Origin story? hm

Well, this is a brief summary about part of the collection. (shrug)

Collection

Campbell Bros

Campbell Bros2

The summary led to me rereading a good part of your thread. Just as fun the second time around

2088175086_698c93f940_b.jpg

How about some Christmas Spirit. This dates from my first Xmas. My apologies to the artist. I had to trim the edges from this tabloid version of the spirit.

2087389215_b35bc8e925_b.jpg

And this one has a pretty good story. My brother read his copies of the Xmas Parade so much the covers fell off.

bb

BZ, do you have any Paul gems lurking around? Maybe some obscure leaflet or something published by Gernsback?

Jumpin Jehosaphat, that RyanH has some mighty specific wants. ack.gif

Fortunately the Zoom Industries research staff is up to any challenge. willy_nilly.gif

Right, gang?

...right??

library.jpg

How about this...?

Starting in 1929 Gernback published a series of booklets distributed by mail order at 10c each or 6 for 50c.

They were issued in three groups of six.

The first set was advertised in the November 1929 issue of Wonder Stories, the next set in the January 1930 issue and the last set in the June 1932 issue.

sfseries.jpg