• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Holy Cow BZ! Thanks for posting all of that great stuff! Your copies are just outstanding. The Oakdale Affair is such a tough book and yours is just...WOW!

Back to the Stone Age is interesting in that the dj (unlike any of the others) was originally laminated. And the dj art is beautiful!

I have been reluctant to get into the pulps, but seeing yours, Jeff's and others I am sure I will break down and start pursuing them as well.

Thanks, Richard.

One of my fondest memories of childhood was when I discovered the Burroughs books.

I read all the Ballantine reprints when I was in the 5th grade and started collecting them soon thereafter.

When I was in the 7th grade my english teacher gave us an assignment to write a biography of our favorite author. Even though I hadn't read any books by him for a couple of years, I decided to write my report on Burroughs.

The teacher nixed that idea. She said his stories were too juvenile.

I haven't reread a Burroughs story since I was 10. I'm kind of afraid that if I did, it might kill my pleasant memories of the books.

Kinda the same for me. 9 years old and John Carter of Mars. I spent a whole summer reading all the Mars and Venus books (I really enjoyed the Frazetta covers with those butts :gossip: ). But for some reason I never got into Tarzan when I was younger. About ten years ago I started reading them. They start out great but get a little repetitious. Re-read Warlord of Mars to see if it still held up. It didn't knock me out like when I was 9, but it was still pretty cool.

I bet most, if not all, of us on the GA board read Burroughs as a kid. I, too, loved those paperback reprints with the Frazetta covers.

I reread "A Princess of Mars" about six or seven years ago. It doesn't have the same appeal it had when I was a kid, but I still enjoyed it. It's non-stop slam-bang action.

Holy Cow BZ! Thanks for posting all of that great stuff! Your copies are just outstanding. The Oakdale Affair is such a tough book and yours is just...WOW!

Back to the Stone Age is interesting in that the dj (unlike any of the others) was originally laminated. And the dj art is beautiful!

I have been reluctant to get into the pulps, but seeing yours, Jeff's and others I am sure I will break down and start pursuing them as well.

That's funny - seeing you and BZ posting all your 1st editions is making me want to start collecting the books. :)

That's funny - seeing you and BZ posting all your 1st editions is making me want to start collecting the books. :)

I was thinking the same thing, then reality quickly set in lol

Let me know if you do. I have a couple of very good sources I can pass along.

Though, to be honest, there are some incredible deals on eBay all the time.

andmoviepostersandtoysandpaintingsandoriginalartandoldnewspapercomicsandpulpsandoriginalscriptsandandfanzines

:pullhair:

andmoviepostersandtoysandpaintingsandoriginalartandoldnewspapercomicsandpulpsandoriginalscriptsandandfanzines

It's impossible to remain focused. :eek:

It's impossible to remain focused. :eek:

you're not helping :baiting:

:foryou:

I bet most, if not all, of us on the GA board read Burroughs as a kid. I, too, loved those paperback reprints with the Frazetta covers.

I reread "A Princess of Mars" about six or seven years ago. It doesn't have the same appeal it had when I was a kid, but I still enjoyed it. It's non-stop slam-bang action.

I read all his books as a kid...absolutely loved them...Now I wonder if I have any hidden in my attic,

I haven't reread a Burroughs story since I was 10. I'm kind of afraid that if I did, it might kill my pleasant memories of the books.

That's what happened to me with Jerry Lewis- Dean Martin movies. As a kid I thought they were the GREATEST THING ON EARTH. I don't watch them now so I won't ruin my fond memories of them. too bad.