• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

She's lovely as a goddess -

74853.jpg

Thanks for all the Venus scans, Scrooge. :applause:

I've never owned a single issue of that title. :cry:

:o You're missing out on a lot of good stories and many great ones in the last few issues.

I was looking through an old comic and discovered this neat ad for Flash Comics #1.

flashad.jpg

With artwork like that on the Flash, how could kids not get excited?

Did they make it such a childish drawing because they had not yet finalized how the character would look or did they just not care?

flashad.jpg

Did they make it such a childish drawing because they had not yet finalized how the character would look or did they just not care?

I'm guessing Ira Schnapp was the designer of the ad. He was very talented but depending on him to illustrate The Flash and The Whip probably wasn't playing to his strength as an artist. (shrug)

I thought the promo for Real Life 3 was interesting. An advertisement for the villian for a change.

And the biggest villian of modern times too. Sorry about the poor scan. I think someone loaded a fiche of America's Best 1 but still,

I haven't seen it before.

bb

3329165679_52af266132.jpg

I thought the promo for Real Life 3 was interesting. An advertisement for the villian for a change.

And the biggest villian of modern times too. Sorry about the poor scan. I think someone loaded a fiche of America's Best 1 but still,

bb

VERY cool. Thanks BB!

bb

VERY cool. Thanks BB!

Real Life is such an unusual book but I had no idea about the ad. Thanks! (thumbs u

RealLife3-2.jpg

3329222813_e87f464c80_o.jpg

Thanks for all the Venus scans, Scrooge. :applause:

I've never owned a single issue of that title. :cry:

:o You're missing out on a lot of good stories and many great ones in the last few issues.

I like this cover (and issue 10) but my copy is a little to beat up to show. Thanks to someone else for the scan.

bb

Real Fact Comics #8 (May-June 1947)

realfact.jpg

Did the life story of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster appear in the next issue?

I don't know. I have #8 because of the Virgil Finley story (one of only two comic stories he drew) but not the #9.

Real Fact Comics #8 (May-June 1947)

realfact.jpg

Did the life story of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster appear in the next issue?

I don't know. I have #8 because of the Virgil Finley story (one of only two comic stories he drew) but not the #9.

No Siegel and Shuster story in #9 according to GCD. Maybe DC's lawyers advised against it.

Not in 10 or 11 either.

But there is this letter:

*No title given or indexed*

(Sequence 9 - Letters , 1 page )

Feature Story: You Tell Us!

Credits:

Jerry Bails [as Jerry Baik]; others (-script),

Synopsis:

Jerry's letter asks for bios of the creators of the Justice Society of America.

and this feature (the other one you were referring to? GCD says he's in 10 and 11 too)

If The Moon Fell

(Sequence 4 - Story , 2 pages )

Feature Story: Just Imagine

Credits:

Jack Schiff; Mort Weisinger; Bernie Breslauer (-script), Virgil Finlay (Pencils), Virgil Finlay (Inks), ? (Colors), ? (Letters).

Jack

No Siegel and Shuster story in #9 according to GCD. Maybe DC's lawyers advised against it.

Good thinking... that is very easy to believe. hm Mid-1947 is just a year before S&S's ten-year contract with DC would be up, and their disputes over Superboy had probably picked up steam already.