• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

This is Mrs. Zoom again. BZ is back home after a week in the hospital after having a stroke and discovering that his heart was beating too slowly. He's still missing the vision on the right side of his world and he has cognitive impairment, but nothing is paralyzed and his speech is great, though he's confused and often mixes up his nouns. He'll be starting outpatient speech and OT rehab on Monday at Mount Vernon Hospital where they have a unique program just for adults with strokes and brain injuries. Our 12-year-old daughter has been amazing; cheerfully pitching in to help Dad. We're so lucky that he survived the stroke and heart problem without more significant disabilities and he should be mostly back his old self in 6-12 months with lots of rehab, love and patience. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful posts wishing him well! I read them to him in the hospital and now he's asking to see the new posts every day.

This is Mrs. Zoom again. BZ is back home after a week in the hospital after having a stroke and discovering that his heart was beating too slowly. He's still missing the vision on the right side of his world and he has cognitive impairment, but nothing is paralyzed and his speech is great, though he's confused and often mixes up his nouns. He'll be starting outpatient speech and OT rehab on Monday at Mount Vernon Hospital where they have a unique program just for adults with strokes and brain injuries. Our 12-year-old daughter has been amazing; cheerfully pitching in to help Dad. We're so lucky that he survived the stroke and heart problem without more significant disabilities and he should be mostly back his old self in 6-12 months with lots of rehab, love and patience. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful posts wishing him well! I read them to him in the hospital and now he's asking to see the new posts every day.

I’m just reading this and happy to see things are better. Very uplifting to hear about your daughter.

Stay strong, a hug and I’ll pray for you when I’m praying for the sick. (thumbs u

So good to hear. We're thinking about him and hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

Hi Everyone, BZ's wife here.

BZ is improving in little ways every day, though it's not always easy for him to recognize it.

He really likes his therapists, who he sees at rehab twice a week.

His reading has improved a lot, especially thanks to reading books with our daughter.

His recovery will be a loooong, slow, difficult journey but, hopefully, he'll be back to posting here himself one of these days.

Thanks so much for your continued good wishes!

Thank you so much for the update Mrs. BZ. Recovery takes as long as it takes but its moving forward which is the best thing, please share our continued best wishes and a special thank you to you as well for not only keeping us up to date on his progress but being there for him, I know its not easy.