• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Here's the first appearance of the strip Sand Hog ("A Story of Tunnel Builders") by Paul Gustavson.

sandhog.jpg

Feel free to post the splash from the "Skyrocket Steele" story from that issue! :hi:

Ryan, I'll post some more pics of Skyrocket Steele in upcoming days.

But first, I think I'll post some pages from the introduction of Fantom of the Fair, Speed Centaur, and the 1st Space Patrol by Wolverton.

:popcorn:

Shouldn't you be working on the next quizzes? :sumo::baiting:

Shouldn't he be scanning all his Top Notch Comics or all his GGA books?

Don't bother BZ right now ... he is hard at work prepping photos of "Skyrocket Steele"!

Um, AMF issues 2/4 and 2/6 "Skyrocket" splashes would be nice to see... :cloud9:

But I'll take what I can get!

(I LOVE that "Sand Hog" title lettering!! It rules!)

That's some nice page quality on that book! :applause:

Just KILLER pages on a tough book!! The Gustavson, Burgos and Everett stories in that issue are outstanding. The black and white Burgos pages are simple, crude, and beautiful. The two tone (reds and blacks) Everett stuff is jaw-dropping, if you like that sort of thing!!

Looking forward to more of the same, BZ.

That's some nice page quality on that book! :applause:

Just KILLER pages on a tough book!! The Gustavson, Burgos and Everett stories in that issue are outstanding. The black and white Burgos pages are simple, crude, and beautiful. The two tone (reds and blacks) Everett stuff is jaw-dropping, if you like that sort of thing!!

I do! :headbang: