• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

More amazing stuff - now that you are showing Black Hood covers - shall we see a "Hooded Detective" pulp or two? Pleeeeeze.

And Scrooge - thanks for posting that "Red Lama" story.

Edited by rjpb

2) Jack: Sodium cells sensitive to light. Can't beat that. You should feel a kinship with this Scientific Detective....

In all, this is a wowser of bringing separate threads together!

Nobody can make ze fool of Rolf Moderno!

Thanks for more good element material. Reasonable science this time. I can hardly keep up with your posting pace lately!

Jack

Yank and Doodle wearing their WHITE undies outside their pants seems like a poor costume design decision to me --- especially considering their names!

Jack

...and this is the cover to Prize Comics # 24, which is the issue that contained the Green Lama story that Scrooge posted earlier today.

prize24GA.jpg

Yank and Doodle wearing their WHITE undies outside their pants seems like a poor costume design decision to me --- especially considering their names!

Jack

...and this is the cover to Prize Comics # 24, which is the issue that contained the Green Lama story that Scrooge posted earlier today.

prize24GA.jpg

:signfunny:

The comic books look extra nice in mylar sleeves but they're so stiff I'm afraid I'll end up damaging a comic if I want to take them out to look at the stories.

pull the board out, not the comic. if you set the thing flat, and use your fingertips to pull just on the backing board, the book will come out with it, and no risk at all of damage.

you put them back in the same way. book and board together

(thumbs u

That Gloria Glamour seems to be involved in lots of mischief. hm

doh! So many things tied those stories that I successfully forgot to mention that element as well. Thanks for noticing. My work was not in vain ... although, one then begs the question ... did Crossen also write The King of Darkness? It is just bizarre to see so many common elements across these 3 stories (and that I came across them over so short a period of time). Anyway, congrats eagle-eyed one. Good catch. (thumbs u

The comic books look extra nice in mylar sleeves but they're so stiff I'm afraid I'll end up damaging a comic if I want to take them out to look at the stories.

pull the board out, not the comic. if you set the thing flat, and use your fingertips to pull just on the backing board, the book will come out with it, and no risk at all of damage.

you put them back in the same way. book and board together

(thumbs u

You could also put the comics in my-lites (thinner mylar) and then put the my-lites into larger size thicker mylars. This way you'd have double protection & ease of removing when you want to read them. Taking the comics out of the mylites using the backing board with the comic would be advisable as stated above.

Has anyone read the story in Prize 20? It is an unlisted crossover story where all the featured characters team up to hunt down Frankenstein. A really cool, little known classic.

Yank the Doodle wearing their WHITE undies outside their pants seems like a poor costume design decision to me --- especially considering their names!

Jack

lol lol

#$%^&*(

You made me look to see whether I typed "the" for "and"!

Jack

probably Mott the Hoople's buddy

That last panel with the "Invincible bunch of guys" is worth the price of admission.

Has anyone read the story in Prize 20? It is an unlisted crossover story where all the featured characters team up to hunt down Frankenstein. A really cool, little known classic.

This one? -

Holy Fudd!

It's kind of a sad story, really, because Briefer's Frankenstein isn't a bad guy at all, yet everybody's whuppin' on him. Kind of like poor ol' Casper the Friendly Ghost or the "misunderstood Hulk".

Do you think that Briefer drew the whole story, or is it a jam by the features' individual artists? The General and the Corporal (who?) certainly seem to be drawn by a different hand.

Thanks,

Jack

Do you think that Briefer drew the whole story, or is it a jam by the features' individual artists? The General and the Corporal (who?) certainly seem to be drawn by a different hand.

I was wondering the same last when I prepped it for posting. It would have been a nightmare to pull off unless they were all working in the same shop. Were the Prize books sub-contracted to a shop or were they using freelancers? I assume they didn't have people on staff. I think it's simply a case where Briefer shows how versatile he is. One hand in this story.

In the meantime, here's Jack Cole doing his stuff (and boy, how good is he! Maybe people in General will vote him off next though since he is an unknown to most I guess ...) in Military # 1 -

45517-M1-DP1.jpg.18c791e4920c418e3cb90e90a7d0b783.jpg

45518-M1-DP2.jpg.d1e2149c505dd992e8fe820d3e25853c.jpg

45519-M1-DP3.jpg.56524892552d8905c0e60f27340db0c3.jpg

45520-M1-DP4.jpg.4545c75483e08f7dfbf0c003c5a87f36.jpg

45521-M1-DP5.jpg.95f5d1d2b582cbea114acca58a8d4f3b.jpg

45522-M1-DP6.jpg.56577897bb162262d1f9c96c7a3aa6e0.jpg