• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I had no idea that Phantasmo had so many pairs of skivvies -- in fashion colors, no less!

The expression on the face of the cowboy in green here is priceless.

Definitely Village People prototype material.

Jack

funnies52GA.jpg

BZ, Any chance that you might have the first 10 Classics Comics and share those covers with us?

I have an almost complete collection of Classics but, alas, my first 10 aren't 1st printings. (shrug)

I'll post scans of a few other early issues this week, plus their back covers which have some pretty cool illustrations advertising the next number.

I am curious...in the rest of the series' run, did Phantasmo ever take on a "lady friend"?

Interesting question. hm

I don't know the answer to that. I haven't read many of his stories.

I'll have to get back to you about that.

BZ, Any chance that you might have the first 10 Classics Comics and share those covers with us?

I have an almost complete collection of Classics but, alas, my first 10 aren't 1st printings. (shrug)

I'll post scans of a few other early issues this week, plus their back covers which have some pretty cool illustrations advertising the next number.

Agree completely about the backcovers, thanks as this is usually a title that I do not see enough of..

Great story. Thanks! :applause:

Ditto ... one has to wonder though why the Green Lama did not as wonderful powers as Phantasmo. Maybe the Green Lama flunked after his 5th year in the program and didn't stick for 25 years. Talk about higher education, up in those mountains. It was a fun read but with powers such as his, is there any doubt ever he'll win. He is as powerful as Superman if not more and in addition has mental powers!?! Just incredible.

I've been posting a lot of pages in the Best GA Artist Contest in General as most of you know but I finally have time to post a more obscure story here - Call it GA Artist 201 if the thread in general is GA Artist 101.

This story is from V Comics # 1. It's fun and aptly illustrated and reads uncannily like a Scooby-Doo episode. Read on and see for yourself -

45927-V1-B1.jpg.b09debe7cecc0343e88c0df72cb8e404.jpg

45928-V1-B2.jpg.8821d649a6f3d98e7a9e9615d8303421.jpg

45929-V1-B3.jpg.b2f69ccc62e7fb6644b38734e3c83c32.jpg

45930-V1-B4.jpg.95dbeda9bf2d71d168ef646dca8ce8b5.jpg

45931-V1-B5.jpg.2d41f4963a75c5d83b1195f48ab2b7ab.jpg

45932-V1-B6.jpg.74c5c744a2e1898a34ec1dc75bec2e61.jpg

45933-V1-B7.jpg.024dd0b2b46613059caa645fbc7b9ccf.jpg

45934-V1-B8.jpg.dca7ded8a071d8cacc76d783f436c595.jpg

HE-E-E-EYY-Y-Y, ABBOT!!

(Somebody had to do it.)

Who would have ever guessed that

*BIG SPOILER*

Cormin was under the hood, huh?

Tough title to find at GCD, where it's called V...- Comics. Victor Fox must have gotten a shipment of punctuation marks cheap.

(Yes, I know it's Morse Code)

Art by Dennis O'Casey -- who? Pen name?

My favorite part was a phrase I've never seen in another story: "..the Banshee leaps through the hole like a whippet!"

Thanks,

Jack

Great story. Thanks! :applause:

Ditto ... one has to wonder though why the Green Lama did not as wonderful powers as Phantasmo. Maybe the Green Lama flunked after his 5th year in the program and didn't stick for 25 years. Talk about higher education, up in those mountains. It was a fun read but with powers such as his, is there any doubt ever he'll win. He is as powerful as Superman if not more and in addition has mental powers!?! Just incredible.

I've been posting a lot of pages in the Best GA Artist Contest in General as most of you know but I finally have time to post a more obscure story here - Call it GA Artist 201 if the thread in general is GA Artist 101.

This story is from V Comics # 1. It's fun and aptly illustrated and reads uncannily like a Scooby-Doo episode. Read on and see for yourself -