• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Sweet books!!!! Im just druling my mouth off!! Love those early tec books. Have you read any of the books you have bangz? If so, which was your favorite book to read or books? Im sure it would take a long long time to read all those books.

I'm going off the boards for a couple days, and will be hitting this thread first upon my return.

Again,

Awsome............just..................Awsome.

Thanks again for pulling out the camera.

Sweet books!!!! Im just druling my mouth off!! Love those early tec books. Have you read any of the books you have bangz? If so, which was your favorite book to read or books? Im sure it would take a long long time to read all those books.

I have read many of the books. Even those that I never read; I at least looked at every page, enjoying the artwork and the ads.

My favorites varied from year to year. Initially probably Superman was the one I liked the best. Then my favorite's universe grew to include almost everything as I discovered it for the first time. Particular favorites I still remember: Batman, Starman (I loved Jack Burnley), Sandman (Simon & Kirby especially), Newsboy Legion, Captain America. Always liked well written/illustrated funny animal stuff, I liked discovering publishers I was totally unfamiliar with like Fox and Centaur.

It was all a blast! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Bangzoom, is there anything in your collection that is unique or one of a kind? A comic book that none of us might not have seen before!! I always like to see strange or odd things!!

Well, I have a Jerry Siegel release, signing away all his rights to DC. frustrated.gif

Hey Bangzoom, is there anything in your collection that is unique or one of a kind? A comic book that none of us might not have seen before!! I always like to see strange or odd things!!

Well, I have a Jerry Siegel release, signing away all his rights to DC. frustrated.gif

"A" release, or "the" release? Assuming you're serious, that is more impressive to me than any of the comics.

"A" release, or "the" release? Assuming you're serious, that is more impressive to me than any of the comics.

I'll post it one of these days...you'll see. shy.gif

Hey Bang,

Again nice books, I know we have asked, but if it is not to much trouble could you pop a timely on, or a group shot of some. Thanks for taking the time to share with us, love your collection.

Paul

OK, maybe I'll do a group of Timleys next. gossip.gif

I have read many of the books. Even those that I never read; I at least looked at every page, enjoying the artwork and the ads.

My favorites varied from year to year. Initially probably Superman was the one I liked the best. Then my favorite's universe grew to include almost everything as I discovered it for the first time. Particular favorites I still remember: Batman, Starman (I loved Jack Burnley), Sandman (Simon & Kirby especially), Newsboy Legion, Captain America. Always liked well written/illustrated funny animal stuff, I liked discovering publishers I was totally unfamiliar with like Fox and Centaur.

It was all a blast! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the response. I agree 100% that books I'm not familiar with would be very interesting to read. I wish I can enjoy seeing the artwork, ads, and the content if only I have more books. I guess I take a chance and buy books I dont collect... Well maybe after I complete my run first.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, .....Oops I suddenly feel like Dorthy from the Wizard of OZ! Looking forward to seeing them.

I honestly can say, I never dreamed of anyone owning a collection like yours. You hear stories from time to time, my uncle or this friend, or a friend of a friend has...., but to see such a thing is pure beauty. Only marked by the fact I can afford such a treasured collection, and if I could I am not sure you could find so many keys available in grade. I bet it has been a crazy week for you on the

Boards, albeit fun! Glad you are here, and sharing your passion with us!

I was curious, your collection is quite larger than approx. 1000 books from the collection you bought in '73. Are all of those DC superhero books and keys from that same collection or are we seeing a lifetime of collecting? If so when did you start collecting and what age were you? If you don't mind sharing. I enjoy the process of this hobby as much as the art and aquisition, in fact the challange is probably what has kept me collecting on and off for 25+ yrs. I have a million more questions, but I will defer to later and give you a minute to decide if you want to answer all of my prying questions.

Thanks

Paul

I'll post it one of these days...you'll see. shy.gif

You should consider loaning that to the traveling comic exhibiton. They have Siegel's typewriter already.

Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero