• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Thanks, BZ! That's a striking Paul cover that I think inspired an alien or two of Wally Wood's.

amazingstoriesannual.jpg

Man, what a great cover! (thumbs u

Imagine how weird it must have been to see that cover on the newsstand in 1927. :o

I've looked at that cover dozens of times through the years and I only just now noticed that figure lying on the table in the background. shifty.gif

Every other time I must've focused on the alien, the sunburned looking woman, and the earthman. (shrug)

I've looked at that cover dozens of times through the years and I only just now noticed that figure lying on the table in the background. shifty.gif

Every other time I must've focused on the alien, the sunburned looking woman, and the earthman. (shrug)

I do see the alien, the earthman and the table guy now that you mention them.

Can we see some of the scans from PL 14? There are a lot of great Matt Baker splash panels that are just as good as the covers.

phantomlady2.jpg

PL #14 has my favorite Matt Baker panel-Sandra Knight in the bathtub, with the bubbles strategically covering her assets. I have the IW reprint, but no scanner at the moment.

Here's the cover to the Amazing Stories Annual that featured Burroughs' Master Mind of Mars story.

amazingstoriesannual.jpg

Just getting caught up here! I wondered if you had a copy of this one. Naturally you do and it's gorgeous! :applause:

Thank for posting the interior shots! This definately one of grails - I actually have my eye on one right now, though it's much lower grade.