• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

4315094362_de4993f4ca_b.jpg

I think Jerry tried to give Bill Finger a lot more credit for creating Batman back in 1965. And both Bill and Jerry had speculated that Bob Wood was the artist responsible for the early Batman stories.

4315094432_16534d5003_b.jpg

Bob Kane wrote Bill and Jerry a rebuttal letter which didn't concede anything and he didn't use steroids either.

Wood lived a lurid life. He was convicted of manslaughter in 1958 and served three years in prison at Sing-Sing. He died sometime around 1962 when according to Bob Fujitani: "He was drunk, walked out from behind a parked car and a truck hit him."

bobwood.jpg

Three years for bashing in some poor woman's brains with an iron??? Sheesh, what a travesty

Three years for bashing in some poor woman's brains with an iron??? Sheesh, what a travesty

To be fair, she was giving him a bad time.

There is that. Where the hell have you been?

I've posting for months, and no one ever commented on my books, making me angrier than a buyer of a high-grade Mad #1 before the warehouse find. Then I suddenly realized I had accidentally been posting on the GGC Forums, which was sort of embarrassing.

Anyway, long story short, I'm back.

I've posting for months, and no one ever commented on my books, making me angrier than a buyer of a high-grade Mad #1 before the warehouse find.

lol

Out of curiosity when did BangZoom start collecting or did he buy these himself new as a kid?

Welcome to the boards Bat-Man. :hi:

In answer to your question, I don't think I've ever posted a comic book that I purchased new off the newsstands. So far, every one was published before I was born. (shrug)