• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I'd bet that it would be near impossible to pick out the panels done by Schultz. Cartoonists are often good mimics in order to blend-in with other artists' styles.

I found a few pages with a google search.

ISTHIS42.jpg

Just as I suspected, Schulz's style is easily identifiable. lol

I have purchased replacement copies of Alter-Ego 5, 6, 8-11 in the past 10 years but only have scans of AE 7.

This copy is hand-colored by the original owner who was better than I at staying between the lines.

4334133855_8101bc6367.jpg

I finally picked up a copy of AE 7 and now my OCD is satisfied. But I noticed that the back of the AE 7 lists the SFCA as the return address. I think I read somewhere that GB Love bought the rest of the print run and sold them. He also reprinted AE 5 which I also have (and the original as well). I think these early AE issues are hard to come by but not too expensive. Is it because they are reprinted or most collectors don't buy fanzines?

bb

I think these early AE issues are hard to come by but not too expensive. Is it because they are reprinted or most collectors don't buy fanzines?

I'm guessing it's because most of todays collectors don't care about vintage fanzines and those of us who do, already have them.

michaelis.jpg

schulzbio.jpg

isthistomorrow.jpg

I found some large scans of the story.

By my count Charles Schulz illustrated at least 9 pages of the book. Here are a couple of examples of his artwork.

isthistomorrow4.jpg

isthistomorrow3.jpg

Most of the comic is illustrated by another artist.

isthistomorrow2.jpg

isthistomorrow1.jpg

The style looks familiar. Can anyone identify the artist?