• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

_famousfunnies86.jpg

That's a great cover BZ. Everett worked for a lot of companies. He must have been fast. He was obviously good. And I like those big dinosaurs or dragons, although he might have been an alien horticulturist who was misunderstood.

_famousfunnies86.jpg

That's a great cover BZ. Everett worked for a lot of companies. He must have been fast. He was obviously good. And I like those big dinosaurs or dragons, although he might have been an alien horticulturist who was misunderstood.

(worship)

Welcome back to the winner's circle, BB. (thumbs u

2010 Standings

1- Scrooge

2- Twistty1

3- MrBedrock

4- Scrooge

5- BB-Gun

2010 Standings

1- Scrooge

2- Twistty1

3- MrBedrock

4- Scrooge

5- BB-Gun

Thanks BZ, knowing the artist's name is a pretty big hint. Scrooge must have been busy. I think I need to shovel some more snow again...

bb

2010 Standings

1- Scrooge

2- Twistty1

3- MrBedrock

4- Scrooge

5- BB-Gun

Thanks BZ, knowing the artist's name is a pretty big hint. Scrooge must have been busy. I think I need to shovel some more snow again...

bb

Looked at the cover of # 84 but not the next one :sorry:

Anyway, my first impulse was that it was a cover from Heroic. It wasn't and it's fair for me to stop the search there. Enjoy the win (thumbs u

2010 Standings

1- Scrooge

2- Twistty1

3- MrBedrock

4- Scrooge

5- BB-Gun

bb

Looked at the cover of # 84 but not the next one :sorry:

Anyway, my first impulse was that it was a cover from Heroic. It wasn't and it's fair for me to stop the search there. Enjoy the win (thumbs u

:whee: OK! :banana:

Williams cartoon books are still in print.

My wife picked up these three for me at a recent school book sale.

jrwilliams.jpg

Classic Cowboy Cartoons Volumes 3 & 4 and U.S. Cavalry Cartoons

My son bought the Gasoline Alley series for me but I don't have a Williams reprint.

I do have this nifty platinum age book. Williams had an assistant who eventually took over the Out Our Way series, I think.

2873180430_c40611517d_o.jpg2873295816_0681be4272_o.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Nice books, BB. :applause:

I googled Williams and found this link which pictures some of his collections that are still available. It also had this quote from Charles Schulz.

"I worked once at Northwest Printing as a delivery boy and one day I drew a picture of the man who worked the big cutting machine and how proud he was when he got a new board to stand on. I was inspired, of course, by J.R. Williams and that type of down-home humor."